Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keith
    • Sep 2006

Re: WB: Looking for Cloak F/W 2004 items...

I've got that bomber. I _love_ that jacket. That's the only piece I'll never part with from that collection.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Keith, wasn't it around 700-800 retail at the time?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• keith
        • Sep 2006

i think $895 or so? it wasn't cheap. mine is gunmetal grey, which i love.

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="keith"]i think $895 or so? it wasn't cheap. mine is gunmetal grey, which i love.
          [/quote]

Wow, that's how much those were? My personal order with Cloak at the time was one of their larger ones, and I don't recall the retail pricing. I just sold a fellow SZ poster my elbow strap jacket, but my outerwear from this collection I still get lots of compliments on and I still really love. I shudder to think what the leather coat I bought retailed for.

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

there's this. i haven't seen it done like this with the neck detail and the different pockets. anyway its a size S but its really expensive. ~$700.

[/quote]

Man, whoever owned this did a number on the wrist ribbing.

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

what's the sizing on this like keith? and is the bomber a lot heavier than the hoodie?

Comment

• keith
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

[quote user="keith"]i think $895 or so? it wasn't cheap. mine is gunmetal grey, which i love.
                [/quote]

Wow, that's how much those were? My personal order with Cloak at the time was one of their larger ones, and I don't recall the retail pricing. I just sold a fellow SZ poster my elbow strap jacket, but my outerwear from this collection I still get lots of compliments on and I still really love. I shudder to think what the leather coat I bought retailed for.

[/quote]

It was certainly in that range--maybe $795. If you've got the shearling leather jacket from that season, that was $3500. The black leather one that I know you have was $16..95? retail. I actually found that one at a store in Atlanta for < $200, they couldn't move their Cloak stock.

Comment

• keith
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]what's the sizing on this like keith? and is the bomber a lot heavier than the hoodie?
                  [/quote]

It is wool and lined, so it is significantly warmer. The hood is really deep. You couldn't pass this off underneath another jacket--I mean, you can't really layer it, unless it is the top layer. Layering matters to me, being in New England :P It is cut slim, and this particular piece is cropped fairly short. Personally, it is my favorite piece that they ever did. I don't know why. I just love that damn jacket. The only piece I wear more from Cloak is the original guardsman or watchman jacket, whatever they call it, that they rehash every season now. I can layer that with a ton of stuff I have, and it works in three seasons.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="keith"]

It was certainly in that range--maybe $795. If you've got the shearling leather jacket from that season, that was $3500. The black leather one that I know you have was $16..95? retail. I actually found that one at a store in Atlanta for < $200, they couldn't move their Cloak stock.

[/quote]

ah i remember those days... sigh. i called around for pieces too, didn't end up with anything unfortunately though as i was a bit late in the game. man, we were spoiled back then with all that and the old yoox... too bad i was broke then!

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="keith"][quote user="bakla"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That sounds about right for the price. If you got it for $200, that's amazing, as that's way below cost. I have what was called the Assymetrical Jacket in leather. I think Faust has it in cotton. It's got a great washed leather feel and a slim fit, with a removable hood. I cant find a pic of it anywhere anymore, especially since Alexandre immediately took down AW 2004 from the Cloak site after his split with Robert Geller.

Comment

• keith
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="keith"][quote user="bakla"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That sounds about right for the price. If you got it for $200, that's amazing, as that's way below cost. I have what was called the Assymetrical Jacket in leather. I think Faust has it in cotton. It's got a great washed leather feel and a slim fit, with a removable hood. I cant find a pic of it anywhere anymore, especially since Alexandre immediately took down AW 2004 from the Cloak site after his split with Robert Geller.
                        [/quote]

Yep, that's the one I had too. When I realized that a lot of stores hadn't sold through much, if any, of their Cloak stock, I started calling places in February. I ended up waiting on that jacket until they _had_ to move it, and I negotiated them down :P I wore it for quite a while, and then sold it for nearly 5 times as much on eBay this past Spring... now, of course, I can't find a leather jacket I can afford (or want). But I just didn't feel right in that one, it felt too much like a biker jacket, and I didn't feel like I was pulling it off. A cool item, though. I do regret not buying either trenchcoat, my wife talked me out of it... There are many occasions when I should have listened, and that is one when I shouldn't have!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="keith"][quote user="bakla"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pix are here

Are you referring to this jacket? If so, mine is wool, lined in raw silk (although I'm not sure if it's raw silk, the label says so, but it feels like cotton). That jacket turns so many heads...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• djrajio
                            • Sep 2006

I can't help but think that this collection was ahead of its time. So many of the looks and trends that are popular this season are implemented in this collection. I remember originally looking at this collection in 2003 and thinking wtf? who would wear this? Funny how I now see many of the influences in from this collection in Japanese collections this fall.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

sigh that was one of the jackets i was supposed to get from a store in pittsburgh.

Comment

• minomni
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

there's this. i haven't seen it done like this with the neck detail and the different pockets. anyway its a size S but its really expensive. ~$700.

[/quote]

are you selling this item? if so, i might be interested in an attempt to finish up my personal cloak 04 collection. i worked at a shop here in austin that picked up the fw '04 cloak line, personal ordered everything i could - this jacket sold [on sale $480, sigh] and couldn't be ordered anymore. i'm a little wary of the size S as they were cut significantly smaller - about one size smaller than the subsequent cloak collections, this would be equivalent to a current cloak XS i would think. the version carried here was a black waxed cotton fabric, were there other variations in terms of material?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎