Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keith
    • Sep 2006

Re: WB: Looking for Cloak F/W 2004 items...

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="bakla"][quote user="keith"][quote user="bakla"]

[quote user="keith"]i think $895 or so? it wasn't cheap. mine is gunmetal grey, which i love.
    [/quote]

Wow, that's how much those were? My personal order with Cloak at the time was one of their larger ones, and I don't recall the retail pricing. I just sold a fellow SZ poster my elbow strap jacket, but my outerwear from this collection I still get lots of compliments on and I still really love. I shudder to think what the leather coat I bought retailed for.

[/quote]

It was certainly in that range--maybe $795. If you've got the shearling leather jacket from that season, that was $3500. The black leather one that I know you have was $16..95? retail. I actually found that one at a store in Atlanta for < $200, they couldn't move their Cloak stock.

[/quote]

That sounds about right for the price. If you got it for $200, that's amazing, as that's way below cost. I have what was called the Assymetrical Jacket in leather. I think Faust has it in cotton. It's got a great washed leather feel and a slim fit, with a removable hood. I cant find a pic of it anywhere anymore, especially since Alexandre immediately took down AW 2004 from the Cloak site after his split with Robert Geller.
    [/quote]

Pix are here

Are you referring to this jacket? If so, mine is wool, lined in raw silk (although I'm not sure if it's raw silk, the label says so, but it feels like cotton). That jacket turns so many heads...

[/quote]

Yeah, that one in black leather.

Comment

• gunpwdr
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="bakla"][quote user="keith"][quote user="bakla"]

[quote user="keith"]i think $895 or so? it wasn't cheap. mine is gunmetal grey, which i love.
      [/quote]

Wow, that's how much those were? My personal order with Cloak at the time was one of their larger ones, and I don't recall the retail pricing. I just sold a fellow SZ poster my elbow strap jacket, but my outerwear from this collection I still get lots of compliments on and I still really love. I shudder to think what the leather coat I bought retailed for.

[/quote]

It was certainly in that range--maybe $795. If you've got the shearling leather jacket from that season, that was $3500. The black leather one that I know you have was $16..95? retail. I actually found that one at a store in Atlanta for < $200, they couldn't move their Cloak stock.

[/quote]

That sounds about right for the price. If you got it for $200, that's amazing, as that's way below cost. I have what was called the Assymetrical Jacket in leather. I think Faust has it in cotton. It's got a great washed leather feel and a slim fit, with a removable hood. I cant find a pic of it anywhere anymore, especially since Alexandre immediately took down AW 2004 from the Cloak site after his split with Robert Geller.
      [/quote]

Pix are here

Are you referring to this jacket? If so, mine is wool, lined in raw silk (although I'm not sure if it's raw silk, the label says so, but it feels like cotton). That jacket turns so many heads...

[/quote]

I have the same jacket in wool as well. It really is one of my favorite pieces, however the construction is lacking. I posted this on TSF a while ago... but both the button pockets have ripped at the outer seam. I am still looking for a good tailor so I can get it fixed. I also passed up the opportunity to buy that hoodie, new in size M last year and continue to regret it to this day...

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

Cloak definitely had production problems that year, but I think the factory that made the cloth items was different from the one that manufactured the leather ones. My leather jacket is in great shape and I've had no problems with the stitching or details...

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎