X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiraKira
    • Sep 2009

TAKAHIRO MIYASHITA The SoloIst 2012 Spring Summer

I figured since no one had posted this yet i might as well do it.

Really think Takahiro is finally moving closer to finding some form of balance between the street wear aspect so prevalent in number nine and the more poetic feel of the first few soloist collections.

Also I'm glad he decided to include some new stronger coolers than mostly relying on the usual variations of grey, navy and being.

• KiraKira
    • Sep 2009

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

it was pointed out to me that takahiro is the actual model in these pics. also each "look" is comprised of a whopping number (20-30 iirc) components including jewelry which is the only thing i can see myself personally wearing.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

This is by far my favorite Soloist collection. As you said, I love the brighter colours which imo make it look very summer-y and relaxed. Also, this jacket looks incredible. Nice.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Ochre
          • Sep 2009

The entire collection is very fun but god damn I would wear this fit exactly:

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

^ why wait? just buy the bleach drkshdw jacket in the classifieds and spill some pastel paint all over it.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

I'm really digging this. Some of the individual pieces look great. And the details beg to be admired up close. Also like the silver jewelry, and his coy lady poses.
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

I'll be the odd one out then...I hate this. It looks junky and overdone...like something Michael Jackson would have thought practical for grocery shopping on a humid day.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• KiraKira
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  I'll be the odd one out then...I hate this. It looks junky and overdone...like something Michael Jackson would have thought practical for grocery shopping on a humid day.
                  In hiss defense, i think that's sort of the point

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

I like this too. The styling is a bit OTT (whose is not, really - anyone wearing pretty much any designer outfit from head to toe, a la the catwalk or a presentation, will inevitably look dodgy as fuck), but some nice individual pieces. It sort of reminds we of what I'd imagine Junya would do if he took people's advice and designed his menswear more like his womenswear - much less disciplined, more experimental fabrics and shapres, but still influenced by "street" and still somehow based on pretty traditional items of clothing

Comment

• wildcat
                      • Jun 2008

wow. this is pretty awesome. so many great looks. that tan/beige jacket looks amazing, love to see it in person.

Comment

• Supel
                        • Apr 2011

A very interesting approach yet another solid collection from TM. The photos really do no justice for this lines overall detailing. I love how he repeatedly modifies the horse riding jacket (picture 8) throughout each season. I even recently bought one for myself. I want that jumpsuit big time.

Comment

• Rayuela
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          It sort of reminds we of what I'd imagine Junya would do if he took people's advice and designed his menswear more like his womenswear - much less disciplined, more experimental fabrics and shapres, but still influenced by "street" and still somehow based on pretty traditional items of clothing
                          Colours are a delight. The Soloist feels much more personal and private than Number Nine, softer.

Comment

• copacetic
                            • Nov 2010

bee-keeper chic.
                            And "When the prince has gathered about him
                            "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Czx
                              • Feb 2011

There aren't many pieces I would wear outside of strictly summer outfits but I really do like the look he created here, and I do mean that "really". It does seem overstyled and maybe a bit junky (but I'm hesistant to call it that) but it really does channel it's own character, and this is great. Especially in love with the one Ochre mentioned. I wouldn't mind walking out in exactly that outfit, well, maybe apart from the mask or whatever it is thing.
                              néant
                              Last.FM paranoia
                              Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                              0 > ∞

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡