Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingJulien
    • Oct 2011

Wow thanks for this, I'm loving this collection. Mostly because many of those pieces could be done with much cheaper brands for some of the items, for instance this:

could be replicated. It's rare for me to see a look that I'd wear head-to-toe.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ Did I read that post right is or is there some new level of irony in vogue?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KingJulien
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        /\ Did I read that post right is or is there some new level of irony in vogue?
        Maybe you didn't understand what I mean? I find a lot of runway lookbooks a bit unwearable, but this isn't the case with this one. For example, I think the shorts in that shot are really cool and something I'd consider purchasing, but subbing out that sweater for something else makes this outfit both somewhat affordable and wearable. It's also one of the few times I haven't hated desert boots in a look.

I suppose maybe posting that comment in this thread is a bit inane, but I appreciated the accessibility of this collection.

Comment

• Atom
          • Sep 2009

Still not sure about the level of irony.

Just kidding, I got your point. And I don't want to defend this collection too much, as I don't really like it. But one point has to be made: TheSoloist pieces look nothing like cheap generic Uniqlo/H&M clothes when seen in person. The cuts, materials and finishes really are something else.

Comment

• kofi3159
            • Feb 2009

^ Heard..
            Different material and tons of details when you have it upclose
            Downside of the soloist as much before is the high price tags..
            I personally prefer the FW 2011 collection though
            and How I miss NN pricing tags

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
              22.jpg[/IMG]

could be replicated. It's rare for me to see a look that I'd wear head-to-toe.
              hmmmmm idk i dont like it , if u take away all those accessories ( which i feel are utterly ruining that fit ) the sweater and shorts and sockless shoes look like somethin from jcrew . i mean i guess its not fugly but its just so plain and thats part of why i dislike it . and u kno the price is gonna be jacked the fuck up . i dont care if the details on that sweatr and shorts went thru 5 different sewing machine processes . and then those fuckin accessories oh god no , all that silver jewelry then like a necklace and then on top of that u got sunglasses on a chain and then some blue hankey , no maam

i liked the very 1st soloist collection and the campaign images from it were awesome , everythin else so far im like nope

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                • Jan 2011

^ jogu = the hype slayer.

hey n(n) was stated as derivative and not that great and sold fucking well so we'll see how soloist goes. plus all the pickups that seenmy has had look phenomenal.

maybe its just the soloist ONLY styling tahts not taht great.

Comment

• Lane
                  • Aug 2010

I see what jogu is saying, I don't particularly have much excitement towards this collection for similar reasons, but I can appreciate some aspects of the layering of the pieces which reminded me of NN styling.

I kinda don't like the departure from the first collection. I initially was excited because I was excited by the vibe I was getting from the collection. It had an outdoorsy/in touch with nature look that made an impression on me. I dunno, guess I might have misinterpreted his purpose cuz of the photos, but I do miss that collection, and don't get too excited anymore and simply rather have NN.

Not discounting the excellent craftmanship here, I get amazed when I handle the pieces, but I can't just have quality work, I guess I need the drama?

Comment

• im_parfait
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2010

And where is it retailed? Online shop? I tried googling but only managed to find one store in Japan with a limited number of items..

Comment

• kofi3159
                      • Feb 2009

Find it at Isetan in Tokyo..
                      All internet shops have quite a limited amount..

Comment

• Atom
                        • Sep 2009

Factory Studio in Kyoto has the best selection I have seen anywhere, much better than Isetan in Tokyo anyways.

And remember that N(N) was always like that as well, relatively difficult to find & buy. And of course that was part of the appeal as well (just look at CCP and their rediculous web embargo control).

EDIT: When I visited Isetan Tokyo, I couldn't find TheSoloist collection anywhere, so I finally asked the shop assistant, but she couldn't find it either. We ended up searching the clothes together for like 5 min, which seemed like forever at that time...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

DSM in London also has a pretty good selection.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• seenmy
                            • May 2009

few past season bits in sale at dsm right now, I just got some pants and a shirt at 50 off,for me this line is great, its very comfy very easy to wear and bridges a gap in my wardrobe.

Comment

• plplpl
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                              few past season bits in sale at dsm right now, I just got some pants and a shirt at 50 off,for me this line is great, its very comfy very easy to wear and bridges a gap in my wardrobe.
                              were the pieces from 11ss?? hw much were the shirt and pants?? i haven't been back in the uk for 2 yrs and would like to compare the prices to the ones i can find in tokyo~ many thanks

Comment

• Supel
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                                maybe its just the soloist ONLY styling tahts not taht great.
                                I definitely think it's the styling in this particular collection as apposed to his previous ones. I personally wear Soloist in a completely different way and believe the pieces are quite versitile. I'll be sure to post my expression one day soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎