Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

i can honestly say i see a rick owens crepe sole derby in the future. he did experiment with ankle height boots one season so i don't think it's that far off given the direction this collection seems to be going..

Comment

• olethomas
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      I really hope he isn't transitioning into this phase where he's embracing formality in an effort to drive people who don't want that into the Drkshdw brand because it almost feels that way after seeing this line. A Rick Owens zoot suit doesn't really interest me.

If that is the case, I certainly hope he can come up with some more options for footwear and more basic outerwear and present it from the diffusion line.
      finally someone i can agree with completely. i'm so scared of RO turning into this gothic version of raf simons (who in my opinion lost all his respect after 2005).. i have to admit i see the short leather jackets with the white stripes being something to be seen on balmain and neil barrett-fans in the future.

Comment

• ashamed
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        i can honestly say i see a rick owens crepe sole derby in the future. he did experiment with ankle height boots one season so i don't think it's that far off given the direction this collection seems to be going..
        honestly this was one of the first things i thought when i saw this collection (i made a joke about oiled leather ties coming next). but with this new formality my hope is that instead of continuing in the direction twords plain stuiting he will revert to the grungey layered, destroyed leather and denim that i love and miss. otherwise we might see a rick lace up dress shoe (which truthfully scares me)

kunk said something about being to old for high waist pants and skirts well the way i see it, im too young, i simply cannot relate. not that i dont like the tailoring but before it was paired with basketball shorts which was fun, this wasnt fun for me

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

What's wrong with Rick doing formal/dressy stuff? His efforts so far have created some of the most substantially innovative tailoring out there, and I'm more than excited to see what's next. It might not be your thing, but not everyone else out there likes to look like a ex-basketball player junkie, and perhaps this is an opportunity for Rick to address people who prefer something more serious and subtle.

Disclaimer: I love Old and New Dick.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

Killer track picked for the show, audio injection and drumcell smashing chris liebing. Berlin techno at its best.

I like the tailoring, the high waisted drop crotch (i am not sure it will work though), the shirts (except for that blue). A big part of the collection seems a bit off for me.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
              What's wrong with Rick doing formal/dressy stuff? His efforts so far have created some of the most substantially innovative tailoring out there, and I'm more than excited to see what's next. It might not be your thing, but not everyone else out there likes to look like a ex-basketball player junkie, and perhaps this is an opportunity for Rick to address people who prefer something more serious and subtle.

Disclaimer: I love Old and New Dick.
              how about no

oh wait too late ;/

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

some backstage fits i found on sonnyphoto :

fuckin love this collection alot , even w / trousers i still see 100% rick in this

Comment

• ES3K
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                  fuckin love this collection alot , even w / trousers i still see 100% rick in this
                  Yes, some pieces are very joguesque. Not very kunkable, though.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

lol idk i could see him wearin the blazer here , black turtleneck , dropcrotch w / slim lower leg . swap out the sneaks and wear boots , bada bing bada boom its office wearable but still looks different . those fuckin blazers man are beautiful , love the extra long sleeves and sharp lines , has a luxe edge to it also

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Agree. I might skip Naska and save for Mountain... (and lose 10 lbs) On closer inspection pretty gorgeous
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• ES3K
                        • Oct 2008

Yes it seems that Rick got tailoring right this time. I always loved the long slim sleeves -- but not the horizontal shoulder construction nor the bell shaped fit.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

good to know that some solid sz:ers appreciate this as much as i do. for a sec i was a bit worried i was just delusional.

and yeah, might just be worth putting some $$$ aside for suiting up come fall...

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

why? high waisted pants are perfect for florida retirees. actually, am lamenting not getting this season's soft blazer, all sold out by the time i was ready to buy. am skipping naska altogether and no more leathers-ny weather gives you about 20 solid leather days and that is it

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            Agree. I might skip Naska and save for Mountain... (and lose 10 lbs) On closer inspection pretty gorgeous

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

I tried the soft blazers and wasn't too impressed tbh. Just missing the structure I like in his tailored stuff and looks sloppy. Also not a fan of the material. The floppy ear boots however are great and were my first buy.
                              I actually quite like the idea of high waisted trousers. I would say that the sumo / cummerbund trousers from the last 3 seasons can be worn pretty high in the waist as well.

btw: sizing on blazers this year is ridiculous. I used to be a 48, now my arms won't fit anything below a 52. so kunk, that would make you what... a 56?
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

yeah, would need a 56

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎