• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    I think what he's saying is that the target for the womens line is clearly not for people like Rick (it's for women), so obviously he's not gonna wear it. To put an extreme to Uncontrol's point, if Galliano walked out in some fucking crazy dress after his Dior Haute Couture shows, that would be pretty what the fuck.

With this FW12 show, and you see Rick coming out at the end in his 'normal' style, you do get the feeling that he doesn't believe in what he's selling.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
      I think what he's saying is that the target for the womens line is clearly not for people like Rick (it's for women), so obviously he's not gonna wear it. To put an extreme to Uncontrol's point, if Galliano walked out in some fucking crazy dress after his Dior Haute Couture shows, that would be pretty what the fuck.
      no.

it's fucking john galliano you're talking about.

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
      With this FW12 show, and you see Rick coming out at the end in his 'normal' style, you do get the feeling that he doesn't believe in what he's selling.
      no.

his vision has always included more than shorts. but his shorts are comfy so why shouldn't he wear them when running around backstage before a show. big deal.

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

^ Nobody is asking him to put on the puffer jacket and physically restrict himself so that he can't do his work, you're stretching my words here - but yes what about a high-waist drop crotch pant? It's clear that for this FW12 show he certainly did something different to what he originally started out doing - even if it is a progression thing. But the way Rick dressed at the end of the show doesn't reflect that progress in his work (fit more in with what he first started out doing), that's all I'm sayin'. It was Rick who stated that he hated designers coming out after their show 'in t-shirt and jeans' - and that's what he looked like (in his own way).

Not that it even matters what the designer is wearing, but it was an interesting point that avout pointed out.

Comment

• BUMMER
          • Feb 2010

Rick's waywt aside, it's highly unlikely that he'll continue to do conservative/clean collections from now on. He's too aware of himself and his customers for that. If he can go from man-skirts to this collection then he definitely has something up his sleeve...

This does not come off like Damir Doma's recent (untilnow-I like FW12) collections that came off a bit like apologies for being ''too interesting'' for ss10/fw10.

Comment

• Joker
            • Oct 2011

Anybody know is that sneaker is same of the current season one? Thanks~

Comment

• hurricane08
              • Nov 2008

don't know if anyone ever asked this here or anywhere else,but has he ever made formal shoes?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Not that I know of.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

no, but he made shoes. stag offered 3-hole dare i say almost chukka looking shoes in a few leather variations.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Yeah, I've seen those too - i really like the brushed leather he used
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• bonejelly
                      • Jul 2008

welp, looks like i've got something to save up for. picture via tresbienshop. seems like an odd stockist, but you can check out more of their showroom pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tresbie...th/6920411301/
                      Last edited by bonejelly; 07-23-2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

that leather honestly looks just like the bauhaus. Zipper placement on the arms definitely reminiscent of fw09 style leathers like the berger and bauhaus.

looks like the leathers might be juicy thick compared to the latest offerings, at least from pictures that stooges looked like it was a good weight.

Comment

• bonejelly
                          • Jul 2008

I'm hoping for a bauhaus variation without the skirted back. I agree that the texture and weight of the leathers look a little more appealing then certain current season treatments, but it's difficult to tell from the photos.

Kind of cool to see that the puffer jacket wasn't dumbed down at all for the consumer. Proportions still look mutant.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

the Bauhaus is still my favorite Rick leather ever, I hope it's coming back, w/ the skirted back and no button sleeves. so nice to know something in fw12 looks great, though most of the shoes do look great.
                            those pants still look off, even worn low.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

yup, bauhaus is back...and it's oily.

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                              that leather honestly looks just like the bauhaus. Zipper placement on the arms definitely reminiscent of fw09 style leathers like the berger and bauhaus.

looks like the leathers might be juicy thick compared to the latest offerings, at least from pictures that stooges looked like it was a good weight.

Comment

• DamageX
                                • Dec 2008

For the Rick Owens mens collection, I've always been more excited about the showroom pictures than the actual runway show (maybe because I am a consumer whore...)

I think Rick's best mens pieces have been OFF the runway.

For example: ALL of Stag 08, the Spartan Shearling.

These caught my attention:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎