Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikevigar
    • Jan 2010

I don't think its his best collection but there's a lot of consistency here I think in terms of what Boris does, his focus on detailing and fabrics, improving, developing and experimenting with similar garments each season in terms of colours and materials.

As people have said the runway doesn't show Boris' strong points and there is far too much going on as everyone has pointed out. With the most recent close up pics posted where you can see the fabrics and more of the detailing you can already appreciate the pieces moreso than initially.

It all provides a great excuse to peruse over each piece when it hits the stores and take time appreciating the craftmanship (or if you're lucky enuogh you're doing that now and making us all extremely jealous). There is a lot here I look forward to seeing in stores when the time comes, and that is always the case with Boris.

Comment

• gavagai
      • May 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
      apart from the sunglasses, it's not that bad me thinks

oh, and much better pics to be found there
      Yes, these pictures are much much better. You get to see some details and textures of the pieces.

I'm not sure about the styling but I always think his shows looks somewhat disappointing.

I would never layer that many pieces as I generally keep it simple

SUNGLASSES: I would never wear these but I actually think they are interesting and contribute to the overall look.

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

^^I gotta admit that I found a lot of really cool textures in those new photos too. Those dipped boots, the white leather dipped in latex (or something), the weird leather "pockets on a string" that the model is putting his hands in, those leggings that look like wrapped surgical tape, some of the leather jackets etc, are all things I'd buy up in 2.5 seconds flat if they ever get produced.

That purplish leather is really quite unique. I sorta want to hate it, but secretly love it instead..... ...... .... ... .....color..........

And yeah, there is a serious amount of articles of clothing in this collection. All those bags and boots. Since when did BBS produce all these accessories? Have I just been missing out?

Comment

• Halber Mensch
          • Oct 2011

I think Boris has been designing accessories for quite a while now. Bags are there since a long time and I think he's also designing his own shoes for some seasons now( at least two or three seasons since he dumped the Augusta boots if I remember correctly).
          However as always I don't like his runway presentation. I mean as many already said there are most likely some individual pieces which will end up being pretty nice and the mossy green is also appreciated, but the styling... just no. I mean the sunglasses are one more step into absolute WTF territory.

Comment

• phiman
            • Dec 2011

not really feelin these shades of green and the overflowing styling just makes it really hard to judge the pieces (also, blazers under leathers is just meh..). i dont think this collection can compete with aw 11/12 which i love nor with ss12 (one of his best imo). but saw some leathers and boots that i liked! so nothing exceptional for me, but not bad either..

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

It's interesting how those horrible sunglasses completely neutralize Boris' typical aggressive masculinity and, combined with the sneakers and bad layering, makes this feel more like d&g gone sz
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• widmerpool
                • Nov 2010

A bit too much layering going on, but otherwise I love it. Plus green is the only color I wear, so that gets two thumbs up from me.
                http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• lost53
                  • Dec 2010

Splitting up the jigsaw puzzle that is... styling.....the fabric treatments appear to be as interesting as ever with Boris.
                  Some really nice colours creeping in here and there, I find this to be "aggressive" as any of his previous efforts.

I do find it hard to judge as a collection, but some killer killer pieces are definitely here.

Comment

• Qwerty
                    • Oct 2011

I actually enjoy taking it all in - all the layers piled on in a sinister post-apocalyptic fashion. There's a lot of attention paid to the details, and he perfectly juxtaposed textures, proportions, shades, etc.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

The pictures on FT are definitely the best in terms of showing textures and individual pieces. I wish I would've had time to shoot the showroom, there were some really nice pieces in addition to the huge amount of basics and usuals. the trench-like coat mentioned earlier was done in leather, but also in shearling and what I think was treated wool or cotton, my favourite version. Great silhouette both worn open and closed. This assymetrical parka was awesome as well, a more technical feeling cotton with taped seams and a string system in the back that tapers the fit and sort of adds a pleat in the back.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kyokonoie
                        • Jan 2012

nice layer as usual.
                        but sunglasses??????

Comment

• falconchan
                          • Feb 2011

It could be found easily from the showroom that Boris has almost the same garment treatment as ccp...totally ccp fans..
                          Background Ecucation make me sick.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

ENOUGH!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• (((o
                              • May 2009

From wwd.com.

i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• (((o
                                • May 2009

i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

Working...