Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boodude
    • Oct 2012

^^ agreed! really happy about having a Boris dealer in Montreal. Hopefully they will stock most of the collection.

Comment

• ryanhast
      • Sep 2013

The Hook blazer is nice.
      Anyone know what is going on inside the blazer? All the seams looked melted or something? Reminds me of taped seams you find in a rain jacket.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

They are taped seams.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AVerdantShore
          • Jan 2011

I've seriously been searching for answers to quality taped seams in non-polyurethane/vinyl garments and had such little luck. The tapes employed by BBS and CCP do not seem to be the same as those typically seen in raingear, which, although being made from a cloth, often, are designed for application to Goretex and other similar fiber composites. CCP's earlier tapes seem to display some cracking with heavy use and I do not have any experience with Boris' tapes, although I think he did say in some interview that they had at one point tested over 100 varieties of 3M tapes, which I found somewhat hard to believe. Jona told me he's used aluminum tapes on a few garments, but perhaps it's my application method--the tapes wrinkle with madness when washed.

I'd be very interested to see the seamwork in these jackets. It looks quite polished and is definitely a departure from the more hand-applied look that was used on some of his leather jackets a few seasons back (big, haphazard sections of tape splashed around the neck, etc).

Comment

• julian_doe
            • Mar 2013

Faust and Sergey, it is definitely on my wish list as well. I wonder if the more complex construction of this hook blazer is going to make it much more expensive than blazers for f/w 2013 :/ hopefully not...

Comment

• Sergey Seven
              • Sep 2010

I'm sure it would be more expensive. As we saw previously, each season BBS gets more and more expensive

Comment

• Prototypes
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Sergey Seven View Post
                I'm sure it would be more expensive. As we saw previously, each season BBS gets more and more expensive
                Sadly, this is very true. Many would say its progression, but I found it to be an unnecessary one, considering my 09 items are holding up better than some from the recent seasons :(

Comment

• boodude
                  • Oct 2012

Regarding quality: i have a bbs p11 pant from 2009 that is still nicely holding up. I just got a p11 new from this season and although material is bullet proof one of the seams is slightly loosening. Of course i can fix that but at that price it should not be necessary after a day of wear. i am wondering if i should contact the BBS peeps for a fix? What is the general experiance with BBS quality these days?

Comment

• k3mist
                    • Apr 2013

thats bbs for u :p i doubt they will fix it for u.
                    just sew it up urself, fairly easy fix usually.
                    and besides bbs is so artisanal, no matter how 'bad' your sewing
                    is, its still cool :p

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                      • Sep 2012

In the designer BBS thread someone commented on BBS customer service being pretty great actually and, don't quote me on this cause I don't remember the exact wordage and am not going to go digging for it, but that they sent in their item after the store wouldn't help them out and got it fixed or even entirely replaced by BBS.

In any case, try to contact the original retailer or give BBS a shout. Worst case scenario you can take it to a tailor.

Regarding this collection, I wasn't in love with it at first but I'm definitely starting to appreciate it more and more, especially that orange/yellow leather jacket, which is kind of giving me a Star Wars rogue engineer working in a vehicle hovercraft garage vibe. I can't wait to see what items the stores end up selling. As far as pricing goes, It is ridiculous. I mean, I personally didn't feel too amazing shelling out 1K on this seasons ninja hoodie after paying no more than $300..$400..$600 in the last couple of years. But that's where everything is headed. Saint Laurent is selling far less interesting basic hoodies for $1k, Even more widespread brands like Reigning Champ and Acne are selling hoodies for $250-$350. Rick hoodies are now easily $700 - $800 after tax... So I wouldn't take the issue specifically with BBS, they're just going with the flow of the industry (A1923 is more WTF Pricing to me to be honest, but I still love it). Anyway Apologies in advance for the rant (which seems to be specifically directed at hoodies)

edit: I'm watching star trek into darkness right now and i'm nearly convinced that Boris was inspired by the aliens in the beginning for his yellow leather jacket.
                      Last edited by exterminatingphantom; 12-01-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

This might be my favourite BBS collection so far. It seems so much more sophisticated and refined, without compromising on his aesthetic. The fabrics, treatment and textures are really unique while the cuts are precise and flattering. I also see a lot of Lang in this, without being at all contrived.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        Great photo shoot Faust. It really gets across how casual, wearable yet directional BBS garments can be in a most effortless way.
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Thank you, but the same amount of credit goes to Lowrey!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by exterminatingphantom View Post
                            In the designer BBS thread someone commented on BBS customer service being pretty great actually and, don't quote me on this cause I don't remember the exact wordage and am not going to go digging for it, but that they sent in their item after the store wouldn't help them out and got it fixed or even entirely replaced by BBS.

In any case, try to contact the original retailer or give BBS a shout. Worst case scenario you can take it to a tailor.

Regarding this collection, I wasn't in love with it at first but I'm definitely starting to appreciate it more and more, especially that orange/yellow leather jacket, which is kind of giving me a Star Wars rogue engineer working in a vehicle hovercraft garage vibe. I can't wait to see what items the stores end up selling. As far as pricing goes, It is ridiculous. I mean, I personally didn't feel too amazing shelling out 1K on this seasons ninja hoodie after paying no more than $300..$400..$600 in the last couple of years. But that's where everything is headed. Saint Laurent is selling far less interesting basic hoodies for $1k, Even more widespread brands like Reigning Champ and Acne are selling hoodies for $250-$350. Rick hoodies are now easily $700 - $800 after tax... So I wouldn't take the issue specifically with BBS, they're just going with the flow of the industry (A1923 is more WTF Pricing to me to be honest, but I still love it). Anyway Apologies in advance for the rant (which seems to be specifically directed at hoodies)

edit: I'm watching star trek into darkness right now and i'm nearly convinced that Boris was inspired by the aliens in the beginning for his yellow leather jacket.
                            File your complaints here.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• palgrave
                              • Jul 2013

The yellow leather jacket is priced at £3,895. :/

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by palgrave View Post
                                The yellow leather jacket is priced at £3,895. :/
                                Shit's truly getting out of control...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎