X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Damir Doma FW 08-09 - Paris

id say 80-90%. i've predicated the ascent of many artists w regularity, often before they had ever sold anything. luckily i bought a lot of their work on the cheap. i worked w takashi murakami in 98 before anybody had heard of him. now, i won't even walk across the street to see his exhibition.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

that's a pretty good track record. i can't say that for my gut - even though i'm a capricorn and all.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jon
        • Apr 2008

Damir will be huge. We've definitely backed him 110% since we saw his first work. Everything I've heard about him and how his company is run (of which this interview was a confirmation of things I've been hearing) seems he has a longevity and ambition which he backs up with pure talent. One of the themes that was touched on in another thread (guidi v. MA+ v. Augusta thread?) was the inclination of designers (especially young ones) to give in to market demands or expectations and often seems to lose their vision along the way. I don't see this happening with Damir.
        Originally posted by merz
        perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

As much as I love damir who's to say he won't sell out if he leverages himself into a position he's never been before.

Money talks so it will just be a matter of time until we find out.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

can people still sell out? i mean is it really even possible today?

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

yeah i know this isnt rap. i think he'll/we'll be fine.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]can people still sell out? i mean is it really even possible today?
                [/quote]

agreed - today fashion has become what art has become in the 80s - an industry. therefore the term "selling out" is starting to lose meaning.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

yeah i mean if the dude already has 60 stores, hasn't he already sold out, or is that still indie? [86]

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]yeah i mean if the dude already has 60 stores, hasn't he already sold out, or is that still indie? [86]
                    [/quote]

i am guessing NDF meant that he could close shop in a year and go work with Plokhov at the unnameable. What would Beckett say?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Wrong thread, but I didn't want to make one of my one (it would have been "useless"), but do es any of you own the scarfhoodie from SS08 and want to help me with directions on size?

Comment

• Yan
                        • Mar 2008

Go true to size. They are not meant to be fitted. The trousers can be downsized by 1.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Just wanted to say I got the Doma shorts a couple of days ago and they're goddamn amazing. Everyone should buy a pair.

My once pasty white calves now get to see the light of day.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

[quote user="Yan"]Go true to size. They are not meant to be fitted. The trousers can be downsized by 1.[/quote]

Got a 46, I could probably go 48 and have it more oversize, but I hope that 46 will work. My closet runs 46-50 anyways, depends on the designer I guess. If not, you'll see a scarf hoodie in 46 in classifields [73]

Comment

• Yan
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="bestial"]

[quote user="Yan"]Go true to size. They are not meant to be fitted. The trousers can be downsized by 1.[/quote]

Got a 46, I could probably go 48 and have it more oversize, but I hope that 46 will work. My closet runs 46-50 anyways, depends on the designer I guess. If not, you'll see a scarf hoodie in 46 in classifields [73]

[/quote]

I think it will work fine. Hope not to see it in classifieds! I ordered 2 pairs of knitted sweatpants direct from Damir in a size 46. Im usually a 48 but thought I'd size down. In reality on those pants I could have sized down 2. The tops though are great worn to your actual size but even 1 size down should be ok. Good luck.

Comment

• Yan
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Just wanted to say I got the Doma shorts a couple of days ago and they're goddamn amazing. Everyone should buy a pair.

My once pasty white calves now get to see the light of day.

[/quote]

Glad you liked them Albert. Thanks for my stuff. They too are amazing!!!! Live long my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎