• Show
Clear All
  • cyberthom
    • Nov 2011

turns out there's an x adidas version of socks shoe:

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

if ur ever wondering why colabs suck and will destroy the world just look above^^^^^^^^ probably the single stupidest thing w/ rick's name on it. For now...

Comment

• Quiet
        Banned
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        if ur ever wondering why colabs suck and will destroy the world just look above^^^^^^^^ probably the single stupidest thing w/ rick's name on it. For now...
        i accept your offer and raise you the current rick spring blades. they're the cheapest feeling footwear i've handled with a luxury price tag.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

according to RICK OWENS TOKYO no one on the entire island ordered those (buyer/store level speaking) , including the Flagship itself, so someone is watching out for something or someone idk.
          Originally posted by unwashed
          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
          Originally posted by Ahimsa
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• GucciAmen
            • Sep 2014

I remember hearing on this forum awhile back that Adidas lets Rick choose which design he likes that they present to him, is this true? Seems like a money grab that results in a watering down of his brand equity...

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
              according to RICK OWENS TOKYO no one on the entire island ordered those (buyer/store level speaking) , including the Flagship itself, so someone is watching out for something or someone idk.
              well the regular Adidas springblades apparently snap like twigs when the weather gets cold enough, might have something to do with it..

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

I think the Rick x Adidas collab has been pretty successful design wise, I can't think of any other designer sneaker collab that has produced as interesting footwear. That said, I am a bit bothered they are produced in China and the markup is ridiculous considering they are likely produced in the exact same manner as adidas' other offerings, though I understand there must be some cost involded in R&D. I'm happy with my black tech runners but no way I would've paid more than $300. Also, they're super comfy, I forgot what it's like to wear a sneaker made by a real sportswear company.
                music

Comment

• stemcell
                  • Jul 2011

Has anyone seen the men's Faun lookbook? The women's was beautiful but when I was at the NYC store, the men's were already all gone.

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                    • Feb 2015

I don't remember when the Rick Owens/Adidas collab is supposed to end, all i know is that Rick is not enjoying it since the first shoes he designed for it.
                    But a contract is a contract and he's getting good money...let's hope it's over next season and that he'll come back with strong designs in that department.

As for Rick's advertising, yeah he did a few. In CR FASHION BOOK, in GQ, Wallpaper and VOGUE ITALIA if my memory's good. The big difference, and its a HUGE one, is that he's been asked to make those ads, even got money from it for a few publications, but never paid like everyone does.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                      Has anyone seen the men's Faun lookbook? The women's was beautiful but when I was at the NYC store, the men's were already all gone.

Half of the lookbook (or is this it?) can be found here

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by C.R.E.A.M View Post
                        I don't remember when the Rick Owens/Adidas collab is supposed to end, all i know is that Rick is not enjoying it since the first shoes he designed for it.
                        But a contract is a contract and he's getting good money...let's hope it's over next season and that he'll come back with strong designs in that department.

As for Rick's advertising, yeah he did a few. In CR FASHION BOOK, in GQ, Wallpaper and VOGUE ITALIA if my memory's good. The big difference, and its a HUGE one, is that he's been asked to make those adseven got money from it for a few publications, but never paid like everyone does.,
                        actually, there are other brands that get similar preferred treatment by magazines. and afaik generally ad rates are often discounted as a result of the leverage (i.e. 'brand equity') held by companies. having chanel onboard will make it easier to sell space to tommy hilfiger.

Comment

• stemcell
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                          Half of the lookbook (or is this it?) can be found here
                          yes that is definitely it, thanks!!

Also how do we know that Rick isn't enjoying the Adidas collab, I assume he isn't mentioning this in interviews...

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                            • Feb 2015

No he won't mention it in interviews.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

I can't imagine that he is enjoying it really. He has mentioned in interviews that he really needs to work alone, that he doesn't work well creatively with a team.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• stemcell
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by C.R.E.A.M View Post
                                No he won't mention it in interviews.
                                Yes... I was kidding. Of course he will not mention that in interviews, could you imagine. I thought perhaps you had specific other information about the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎