Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GucciAmen
    • Sep 2014

So what is the deal? Is he doing it purely for monetary reasons? I think he pulls in enough without the adidas collaboration, right?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

In 2010, Owenscorp revenue was around $40 million. In 2012, that number was closer to $70 million; in 2013 it exceeded $100 million and, this year, it’s projected to surpass $120 million. And, though he once flirted with the idea of selling to an unnamed conglomerate, Owens has grown his house without any outside help.

“We’ve never had to take any outside investment, thank god.” Nor has he ever outsourced production or in-sourced a single design. His is not an atelier system where a team of young designers submits ideas for a boss’ approval. Instead, he designs every piece from every line bearing his name. “I’m greedy,” he says, meaning he wants all of that, the fun stuff, for himself. “Really, I wouldn’t know how to do it any other way.” (Source)
      Seems like he is doing pretty well. Have no idea of the financial side/status of his company though.

Comment

• stemcell
        • Jul 2011

Some of the prices of faun just blow my mind. This nylon top/dress.
        $12,186.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

it's a mistake to assume that the main part of the industrial cost of a garment is the material. all that pleating obviously requires a lot of work. and that means that it will be expensive and not bought by very many stores, meaning that the margin needs to be even higher to justify producing it at all.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

My gf has one of the runway dresses and it's quite amazing in person so it can blow the mind in more ways than one.
            On another note, this happened on Thursday and I can't say it worked... I was right behind him at the show (didn't even recognise him at first) and while I would say he usually wears Rick well, this is just a mess...

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Who is it?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Who is it?
                Sorry, forgot. Jared Leto.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                  • Sep 2014

...Are those Sorels?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Ok that looks like the ro store vomited on him while on crack. what the fuck.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      Sorry, forgot. Jared Leto.
                      Really?! Wouldn't recognize him in a million years. Well, I forgive him everything after that Dallas Buyers Club performance.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Resonkuken
                        • Oct 2012

Not even the joker would approve of that outfit.

Comment

• stemcell
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                          ...Are those Sorels?
                          yea those are awful. I liked the rest of the outfit a lot, and had previously only seen pictures from the waist up. Thought it looked good with the new hair especially, but now that you see the whole thing...

Comment

• suprememen
                            • Mar 2015

That is just awful...Jared Leto looks like a blond Karl Lagerfeld...on meth!

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^Note the face make-up seems to match the peach colored Rich shirt. But seriously, all those pieces are like the Rick stuff that goes on mega sale for like 92.5% off. haha Rick's shit is super dichotic between the good and bad, as far as I'm concerned. That's the bad and I agree that typical Leto usually wears it well. Will say that I totally give him credit for trying to pull off a difficult outfit. (deserves some credit since 99% of people wear the Rick-clone outfit)

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                                • Feb 2015

Yeah, most of the runway pieces don't sell. Some of them, 5 pieces worldwide. That's it. And i guess FAUN def fits in that category.

Sneakers and classics, it's all based on this. Thank God it works good, because it offers the opportunity to see some crazy unwearable stuff each season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎