Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinyl Only
    • Jun 2012

Pajamas and raver pants? Is that all you guys can say?
    You might as well throw in Jerry Garcia-esque in there too to complete the the grocery list of surface elements.

Comment

• Vinyl Only
      • Jun 2012

To call this "candy raver" is a bit too dismissive. Its neither cheap looking or as willfully regressive as what I consider "candy" rave-wear. I have to also distance this from rave wear because I have to say most candy raver gear sucks. (I don't see OM symbols, cargo pockets, adidas stripes, triple contrast stitching and pre Rick elevator sneakers. )I like this in the same way i like Rafs rave references. Not just because of the reference in and of itself but because it has an underground/aggressive feel. --which I think is more of the designers point here.
      Pajamas?- I agree with Casem. It has the right touch of formality that elevates it. Its not just soft stuff to wear on the couch in the dorm. Also the headbands bring it more into the territory of old school b-boy gear and the Viet Cong or other "insurgents"-definitely too aggressive to be just pajamas.
      Last edited by Vinyl Only; 09-24-2014, 01:52 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Aurum
        • Dec 2013

Pajamas? -I can see why one would take exception to that. The thing that I am chiefly interested in is the footwear. There are three or four variations, and none of the looks feature a matched pair. Initially, I thought this was a mistake. But actually, the strategic mismatching pulls some of these together.

Edit: I was mistaken: two models are wearing matched shoes.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎