Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • u-ti
    • Apr 2012

I agree with lowrey in the sense that this show appealed to me in a very emotional way. There was some kind of feeling that aroused when i first saw the images, without even seeing the video footage. Such emotions wouldnt arouse from any draped clothing. I too cannot explain very well either, and my comment is very personal so my apologies for that.
    As of the footware, I dont mind much either, I can also read it as a reflection to the era that we live in now, of the city, and as an element that also creates a friction into the looks. I kind of feel that if they were just elegant shoes, something would be lost here. (if there are three stripes on it or a swoosh or not, i couldnt care less)
    The gimmick of the socks and the sandles were enjoyable too.

Comment

• george5
      • Jan 2015

I'm not crazy for this but I like this sort of "throwback" to his 90's work wich was my favourite. Oh and I love those drapped/tailored jackets, I want one for me.
      Last edited by george5; 03-13-2015, 08:53 PM. Reason: I had to add something

Comment

• Bson
        • May 2013

Wowowow. One of the best Yohji collections in a while... These are clothes meant to be worn and loved The architectural pieces too are a brilliant breath within the collection as well. I'm with Lowrey on the sneakers... At first they seemed out of place, but I can totally see someone wearing any of these looks with the sneakers day-to-day. I prefer the boots (esp the platforms!) and sandals though, of course

Comment

• Sulk
          • Mar 2015

Stunning collection. I echo the sentiment that there is a strong emotional component in these clothes for me. The one-shoulder drapes paired with the military inspired jackets are fantastic.

Some of the cuts have a historical feel to them and I love how some are paired with iconic Japanese silhouettes. The maxi sweater dresses with the side elements that resemble knitted Chinese knot buttons are so inspiring.

I love the spiritual feel to some of the drapes, especially the rust colored one paired with the azure gloves and socks. It feels like a soft inspiration of a Tibetan buddhist monks' robe.

Definitely one of my all-time favorite collections.

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
            • Feb 2015

When i was at the show at Beaubourg, i was enchanted. Maybe i got caught in the moment but i really thought "God i'm watching something great!". Even if the kinda "couture" pieces looked poorly constructed to me (the first one just damaged itself in front of my eyes after ten steps from the model...), the rest was flawless and my brain kept sending me CLASSIC SHIT alerts.
            But now that i watch it closely...i don't know. I still like it a lot, but it's not as strong as the first impression i had that day.

Maybe it's better to let the emotions from the show go away and watch it with colder eyes. Don't know.

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

I'm with Faust on this one. Very underwhelming for the most part, looks like a mediocre "student re-interpretation" of classic Yohji.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎