X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nomadic Planet
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
    That type of sole looks waaaay more exaggerated in photos than it looks in person.

I'm wearing these at the moment with the massive vibram sole and the effect is subtle, bit added height but I wear them to the office all the time.

The saw tooth doesn't register as much when standing or walking, either.
    OMG that's so funny , I'm wearing those exactly right now !! and I also wear them at the office all the time these days (mine are shearling lined, so perfect for the super cold weather we have in Paris atm)

but somehow I can't relate them to the BBS sneakers with the sole. These TLC boots manage to keep a rather "normal" silhouette, there's something with the proportion as a boot.... the bbs have such an exaggerated share tooth shape, even Rick chunky footwear with shark tooth sole isn't like that... I guess I'll have to see them IRL or in a fitpic...

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

The thickness is the same though, I think they might just need to be seen on the feet like you said. The shark tooth on the rick is a lot more subtle but the sole is 1/4th the overall thickness. Those hideous TLC Hallsteins with the same sole also look surprisingly fine when on.

I'm not sure I'd wear the bambas anyway as I don't wear sneakers but I think they are perhaps less of a clusterfuck than some people have said.

Comment

• yubbermax
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
        The thickness is the same though, I think they might just need to be seen on the feet like you said. The shark tooth on the rick is a lot more subtle but the sole is 1/4th the overall thickness. Those hideous TLC Hallsteins with the same sole also look surprisingly fine when on.

I'm not sure I'd wear the bambas anyway as I don't wear sneakers but I think they are perhaps less of a clusterfuck than some people have said.
        It looks like BBS took the normal Bamba and just added the ripple sole in addition making it extra thick so even if the ripple isn't super noticeable, the whole sole is a thick block. When Julius did the ripple soles on the engineer boots there was only an extra cm of foam added compared to the normal vibram sole.

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

The ripple sole looks sheared down 1/4 - 1/2 inch to me, and that rubber strip around the shoe is not representative of how thick the sole in the bamba is. I'm going by an actual vibram sole of the same type that I'm looking at. IDK we'll have to check in person.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I visited the BBS store in New York and like I predicted based on the showroom prices and currency exchange, prices have gone down 10-20% across the board.

Most tees are sub $300, leathers under $3k, pants under $1k, most bags under $1,500. The staff told me that BBS is also making an effort to normalize prices across all regions so you don't get significant differences in pricing globally.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• falkenauge
              • Nov 2015

Great news, thanks Faust. I'll be getting poor slower now :)

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Fantastic news.

Comment

• scanner
                  • Mar 2015

Unfortunately, not all stores on the west coast seem to have gotten the new pricing memo

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I visited the BBS store in New York and like I predicted based on the showroom prices and currency exchange, prices have gone down 10-20% across the board.

Most tees are sub $300, leathers under $3k, pants under $1k, most bags under $1,500. The staff told me that BBS is also making an effort to normalize prices across all regions so you don't get significant differences in pricing globally.
                    Faust, are you talking about the US only (talking about exchange rate)? or does this concern Europe too?
                    Because the prices I see in € on sites like PNP or Luisaviaroma remain globally the same for ss16 items (949€ for a pair of P13, 1000+€ for a pair of sneakers etc.)

Comment

• skavant
                      • Sep 2014

Well, I just bought a Tank2 a week ago from BBSNY. It was around $330 with tax, so I guess the price is the same as previous season. However, the tank might be considered as a t-shirt because it's like a "sleeveless shirt." If that's the case, so yes the price has gone down.

Edited: I would like to correct my mistake. The tank is actually $280 instead of $300.
                      Last edited by skavant; 03-11-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by skavant View Post
                        Well, I just bought a Tank2 a week ago from BBSNY. It was around $330 with tax, so I guess the price is the same as previous season. However, the tank might be considered as a t-shirt because it's like a "sleeveless shirt." If that's the case, so yes the price has gone down.
                        Might have been from the old season still? Or new one? Tanks were like $280 from what I saw.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                          Faust, are you talking about the US only (talking about exchange rate)? or does this concern Europe too?
                          Because the prices I see in € on sites like PNP or Luisaviaroma remain globally the same for ss16 items (949€ for a pair of P13, 1000+€ for a pair of sneakers etc.)
                          They were talking more or less globally. The key word is trying, I guess :-) Might take them a bit of time. I don't think prices will be identical, but similar enough. Anyway, that's what I was told - don't shoot the messenger

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

It's global. The cheapest I've seen have been in Euros at 270e and 266e on darklands and somewhere else I can't recall. That's sub-$300 for sure and a great deal for new pieces. Also more materials I think. Lots of great new stuff at NYBBS for sure.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

think about it, is it really cheaper here or has the euro just slid enough for it to seem that way? i actually think it's about the same in euros that it was last season and about the same as the one before that but since then the euro has gone from $1.40 peak to $1.10 i'm talking about when people order which is 6 months before it gets instore.

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                                think about it, is it really cheaper here or has the euro just slid enough for it to seem that way? i actually think it's about the same in euros that it was last season and about the same as the one before that but since then the euro has gone from $1.40 peak to $1.10 i'm talking about when people order which is 6 months before it gets instore.
                                Definitely, you take advantage of the currency slide to appear like you're giving a concession to your customers when you've really sacrificed little and increased volume.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎