Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radio-aktivität
    • Jan 2011

With Fausts explanation, the whole collection makes kind of sense. This is just another example of how important context is to any kind of creative output, not only a fashion collection.
    The next question would be wether or not such a contextual quality (in lack for a better term I just made that up) is a desirable thing, or if creative output should be able to excel for itself. Personally, I think context is of outmost importance, yet the product should have a certain quality on it's own. The context then is a fantastic added value, and makes us appreciate something we already quite like even more.

To not derail this any further: this is indeed a joy to look at. And we all know what Ian might think about the Isolation.

Comment

• Dropt
      • May 2009

Definitely some interesting pieces here. I wouldn't say that everything is great, as not all Undercover collections are visually successful in my view. And we're missing a few good ones here… SS07, SS09?

However – by any creative stretch, the star wars prints are still complete shit.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
        • Jan 2007

I like a lot of these clothes (a few are terrible, for example the star wars stuff) and it makes sense as a collection. There's items here that many people will love.

But wow what a terrible way to present this. This is one of the worst lookbooks I've ever seen. Jun has never been great at lookbooks, but this one is atrocious even by his standards.
        Originally posted by jogu
        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

I like pants, will prob buy some pants. PANTS! Collection is fine except the star wars stuff.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Have to echo what Faust already mentioned, the collection was very cool but unfortunately the lookbook makes it all look very bland. Everything from the styling to the modeling to the photography, this would be fitting for Uniqlo or something..
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              I like pants, will prob buy some pants. PANTS! Collection is fine except the star wars stuff.
              Pants are fantastic. And range from very expensive to quite inexpensive.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Jesus god, I want those scab things. I'm guessing they're in the "quite expensive" range? And they will go quickly and won't hit sales racks.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Yes, they will be $$$. I only remember seeing the skirted version, which was quite expensive.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yay
                    • Sep 2014

With the prices i see for the og scab jeans, those will definitely sell out quickly i would assume.

Comment

• tong1801
                      • Oct 2012

Loving a lot of the scab stuff especially the pouch and the jeans. Quite surprised there is only one look for SS06 'T'. One lf my favorite collection from Jun. Or are there actually more stuff from that season just that it's not in the lookbook?

Comment

• neostrifeX
                        • Jun 2013

While I do wish some collections like FW2006 were present, I have to echo and say I love the Scab jeans. Especially now that they seem slimmer than the OG pair.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tong1801 View Post
                          Loving a lot of the scab stuff especially the pouch and the jeans. Quite surprised there is only one look for SS06 'T'. One lf my favorite collection from Jun. Or are there actually more stuff from that season just that it's not in the lookbook?
                          Yes, there is more.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
                            While I do wish some collections like FW2006 were present, I have to echo and say I love the Scab jeans. Especially now that they seem slimmer than the OG pair.
                            I took mine to a tailor to taper the leg from the knew down and now I wear them all the time.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Pants are fantastic. And range from very expensive to quite inexpensive.
                              I like the leaf pants, any info, not very knowledgeable on undercover TBH.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• SafetyKat
                                • Aug 2014

Looks like Disney is throwing some funds for some designer Star Wars gear

Kidding aside, Im very interested in the scab pieces. Plus, I have to admit my eye keeps going back to the "ambivalent" sith and jedi look Im guessing Takahashi is a rabid space geek?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎