Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJRH
    • Nov 2006

Haha, well a split reaction always makes for the best debate.

No, I don't see even an ounce of sexy there. By vulgar I meant not indecent, but over-the-top and gaudy, had assumed galia also meant that? But, after reading Ahimsa's comment I looked closer and saw there really were some nice pieces. Styling's just trash for me.
    ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• ronin
      Banned
      • Dec 2009

Can I sense a bit of a late 90's european rave party vibe in some looks? I blame the styling, though it brought a smile on my face; I agree that most of the collection should translate better on the racks, especially the jackets (provided they don't all have this kind of detail on the back, it might appeal to some but it's not my cup of tea). Also, for some reason, Blade Runner comes to mind - not the costumes but the city itself, which is not a bad thing by my book.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

you guys remember scenesters? suicide girls, emo, that kind of trash?
        this is it, but in satin silk

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

^you hit the nail on the head. This is so incredibly tacky. What did Cathy Horyn say about him a few years back? That none of this holds up in the stores, that it's all styling. And this styling is atrocious.
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• MajesticMap
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by galia View Post
            you guys remember scenesters? suicide girls, emo, that kind of trash?
            this is it, but in satin silk
            ok, YES, but i could wear any of these items as seperates. not the slightest interested in wearing a full look like this, but i'd love to see pieces of this line applied to a "SZ style fit". like some cool Ann D style fit, but with that gold overcoat that looks like something your aunt threw out when she went new wave.
            is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

I don't know, Haider was always more styling than actual clothes. I used to b a big fan of the collections, and then I bought some stuff and tried to wear it, and honestly it was mostly impossible / unflattering / too fragile for life / generally stupid.

So now I don't like him because I think it's bullshit. I also think the whole decadence gimmick is a bit passe, and you can't promote over-the-top decadence if what you offer is so sub-par quality wise.

This is my general position on him. But normaly, the way he contextualizes things with his styling is his saving grace, and that's what make his shows good. Here the styling is atrocious, so there's really not much to save.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎