X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Rajesh Pratap Singh F/W 08-09 Paris

aruva, thanks for the offer. [51] unfortunately it's been a few years, so i'm not too familiar with the stock these days. Perhaps you can give an SZ report on up and coming Indian design? I always regret that I didn't take pictures of the clothes I saw in those stores, because some of them were absolutely amazing.

And I am very envious of your trip! [70]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

im getting a bit of 'reek oeven' vibe from this...

[/quote]

[74][64]

Thanks for the review, V.

I thought I posted all the leather jackets but here's two I missed:

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

something i like about this one

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• aruva
          • Dec 2007

Re: Rajesh Pratep Singh F/W 08-09 Paris

Duplicate post

Comment

• aruva
            • Dec 2007

This definitely looks like an improvement to me... the clothes appear somewhat more edgier?and modern than his previous collections

Good to see we have a few travellers here... i went to both those stores when i was in india...also went to his flagship in bangalore.

This was last year..early 07.... For the price(when viewd in US$$) the clothes were very well made and the fabrics somewhat good...nice shirting

fabrics

I think the womens pieces were cut better than the mens ones... the mens tailored jackets looked nice but were cut terribly with bad shoulderpads.

they were some hybrid of a classic indian safari suit(mandarin collar suit) = just add red silk lining - boring

his shirts on the other hand were quite nice with their intricate pintucks and faggoting details.

On a different note, I was blown away by the construction of manish aroras stuff...fucking intense..

I wonder what leclerieur has from him at the moment...considering they order some cool stuff.

oh and have fun in india aruva! ....just dont carry any of those (aruva's) on the flight :D

[/quote]

New dawn, I am from India and spent my childhood in Bombay ,Bangalore and Delhi...my most beautiful moments. Somehow, I felt that theIndian designers (whose worksare of very asian roots(similar in japanese and middle eastern lore) never made thier mark on western sensibility.The reason ,I guess was these guys never lbothered to lookoutside India and catered only to the Indian markets. With globalization and economic boom, they started to show in NY ( satyabrata who was sponsored by UPS ), Manish Arora (London and paris) ,Rina Dhaka (Paris) and now ,Pratap in Paris.I think with some good PR and buzz and sponsorships, I guess they can bring indian designs to centerstage. I know many ofthem personally and it is hard in India to start a line without corporate sponsorship.Most of them had to starton thier own.Designer fashion is still considered as unwanted luxury bymajority and is considered as an indulgence.On the other hand,there are equallycrappy designers like Rohit Bal who caters to only tasteless corporate crowd.. On that ,another post!

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

No worries Laika :D

this look is so intense..i love the fabric he has uses..its not black black but a smoggy black that has a lovely lustre

and the combo with the leather(which i bet is butter soft) is fucking great... makes me wish i was a girl ..id wear this head to toe.

Pray to god he did that bomber for men in that (what looks like) blistered leather... Im sure the mummified baby's foreskin leather obsessed CCP fans

would devour it.

Im happy he is showing in paris now..I think its a turn for the better :)

V

[/quote]

agreed that is pretty great. i love the combinations of the fabrics as well.

i am also drawn to these two. the first definitely less intense but i like the stacking of the pants and the lines of the jacket and i love zippers. the second one i just really love the skirt. I never get anything like that at all, and i am really drawn to it right now. not quite sure what i would do with it other than twirl around perhaps...

Comment

• clay
                • Sep 2006

I would like to see more fashion forward Indian designers here. If anyone has time I'm sure everyone would appreciate other postings. I must say when I used to go to India I saw nothing like this. That was years ago but I'm glad that they are also pushing the edge even if i missed it. I must say it's surprising that the Indian fashion pushed out front seem to mostly build on tradition and embellishment. If there is a recipe for a country ready to buck tradition , I would think India would be it.

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

Kira, the stacking of the pants is meant to be like the indian churi pants..this could be the modernized version.:)

Im loving the draped leathers ... The more I look at this collection the more it seems to grow on me... Well its nothing mindblowing, but it certainly is edgy, beautiful, flattering and wearable and the accented colours are great.

[/quote]

exactly. and it does not have to be mindblowing for me. sometimes what is mindblowing to me is not as wearable.

Comment

• cpaik
                    • Nov 2007

This is an amazing collection. I love the fabric and the emphasis on
                    the hood. I love the shawl wrap to form the hood, which would mean
                    that when the hood is down, a nice drapey effect would ensue. I like
                    the third look especially, which has already been posted. Although, I
                    do think I'm just a sucker for wrap hoods and belts.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

that's typical for a developing country, NDF. they'll flush it out of their system one day.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• what_counts
                        • Mar 2008

[quote user="kira"][quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

[/quote]

i love this whole look very nicely cut and proportioned, and the red lining is keeps the look from being too basic and monochromatic

Comment

• iSuck
                          • Mar 2008

i love hoods

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

While I don't have anything constructive to add to the praise for this,
                            I find this discussion about cultural differences fascinating.
                            Though support for a homegrowm "edgy" desinger like this in India over
                            Western schlock like Armani would be a good thing, I can't help but
                            think it would be a little sad if the Indian culture came to mimick our
                            consumptive lifestyle and taste for luxury goods. It's refreshing and
                            incredibly respectable that most Indian people see luxury
                            goods as unessessary in favor of their traditional way of having
                            clothes done by a local tailor.

music

Comment

• Yan
                              • Mar 2008

Wow. This stuff is really beautiful

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰