X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by reborn View Post
    Arghh. I cannot believe H&M will not have the CdG collection in Boston. I know that Boston may not be a fashion center...come on, 2 LA stores will have the collection as well as SF and Chicago? The Newbury Street store has to count for something.

Please excuse me, I need to ride my huffy bike for a few more rounds: H&M you blow.
    That's so weird considering they carried Lagerfeld for H&M and the other specials over at the H&M in Downtown Crossing. Ah, I remember leaving work for a couple of hours to stand in a (small) line for Lagerfeld H&M hehehe
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• electric_alyce
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      That's so weird considering they carried Lagerfeld for H&M and the other specials over at the H&M in Downtown Crossing. Ah, I remember leaving work for a couple of hours to stand in a (small) line for Lagerfeld H&M hehehe
      they have been gradually cutting down, less for V+R, less for Cavalli and now even less for CdG, sucks because this is the first year that it's not in the store near me.
      Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

I checked some of the more interesting mens pieces, and it looks like they won't even be carried in sweden at all. I thought that was a certainty.

Comment

• reborn
          • Aug 2008

I wonder if the limited distribution thing is a reflection of slowing sales for the H&M collabs or if they are trying to promote more heavily in newer markets...I believe H&M only recently open on the West Coast...whatever the case, it is still disappointing to me.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

man with the recession in effect don't think i'll be affording any real Comme this season...i'm thinking about swingin by the H&M at the end of the release day and see if i can buy a button down shirt. No way i'm lining up overnight.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mesh
              • Dec 2006

Hell yes two stores close by I can check out and with angelenos too concerned with christian audigier t shirts I don't think I'll have anything to worry about.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Am I the only one still thinking that this is hilarious and perverted bunch of bullshit? I mean the whole thing about making CDG accessible and then limiting production to such level as to artificially create hype and make it inaccessible to most of the people?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Am I the only one still thinking that this is hilarious and perverted bunch of bullshit? I mean the whole thing about making CDG accessible and then limiting production to such level as to artificially create hype and make it inaccessible to most of the people?

Agreed...Now I am going to run around brainstorming ways to justify the Acela fare to NYC plus hotel for overnight staty and meals to purchase a $199 peacoat.

Arrgh. I am part of the hype.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Agreed...Now I am going to run around brainstorming ways to justify the Acela fare to NYC plus hotel for overnight staty and meals to purchase a $199 peacoat.

Arrgh. I am part of the hype.
                    this post, and faust's that came before it, are both quite revealing...CdG universe is a master of marketing. There is artistic merit to still be found in its mainline works and various subdivisions, no doubt, but at its base...it is a very shrewd business-like entity first and foremost. A quick glance of how Asian youth/street culture eats up the cdg "image/mystique" through its more diffused lines and collaborations is enough to tell you what you need to know about it

for that i always respected yohji more. i still pretend y-3 is not under his jurisdiction.
                    www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• reborn
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      this post, and faust's that came before it, are both quite revealing...CdG universe is a master of marketing. There is artistic merit to still be found in its mainline works and various subdivisions, no doubt, but at its base...it is a very shrewd business-like entity first and foremost. A quick glance of how Asian youth/street culture eats up the cdg "image/mystique" through its more diffused lines and collaborations is enough to tell you what you need to know about it

for that i always respected yohji more. i still pretend y-3 is not under his jurisdiction.
                      ...and now you are part of the hype too.

Still, the H&M collab should be more widely distributed. But perhaps that's all part of the game. I know that CdG usually has limited distribution with their other collabs so the limited H&M distribution should not be much of a surprise...but it still sucks.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                        I checked some of the more interesting mens pieces, and it looks like they won't even be carried in sweden at all. I thought that was a certainty.
                        I doubt thats true, probably some quirk on the website. according to the site everything would be available even in finland, so I'm sure sweden as well.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

...and now you are part of the hype too.
                          touche...

everybody runs, nobody hides
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• makeupexpression
                            • Aug 2008

thanks for the info
                            does anybody know the exact date???

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                              • May 2008

I don't know how it is in the states, but in Denmark it's a rare little circle that knows it'll launch in H&M and the only CDG which is hyped in Denmark is CDG Play, since homme plus and Junya Watanabe is way to expensive, so the normal dane won't buy it. This H&M is a relief for me, since I am a poor student it'll let me be able to purchase some cheap items.
                              The reason why it won't be hyped in Denmark is the simple fact, the main population of Denmark doesn't wear this kind of clothes. There's probably some that will buy it, but it won't get them "hooked" on Commes Des Garcons.

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Well, in the States it's blown up out of proportion and the people who will be buying are not those who appreciate but cannot afford CDG, but those who are driven by pure marketing hype.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎