Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

damn, i would have loved to see the post...
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

There is no compromise in this matter...SZ is like a child, dont let it play with the wrong guys/gals...
      I hope to be still here in years...

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
      you might catch some heat from some people who come across this statement - but ultimately i agree with the intention and attitude behind it. fuck it - life's too short to compromise
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Silver
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        SZ is the internet equivalent of Atelier, and that's they way I intend to keep it.
        Well said!

General taste has gone down the pan throughout the world.. this forum gathers all the good stuff all in one place!
        http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
          you might catch some heat from some people who come across this statement - but ultimately i agree with the intention and attitude behind it. fuck it - life's too short to compromise
          I D.O.N.T. G.I.V.E. A. F.U.C.K.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
            • May 2008

haha, what a dissapointment, there weren't even any queue in copenhagen. No boiled blazer, simply pathetic.

Comment

• therapysessions
              • Jul 2007

Designer x mass market crossovers always leave a bit of bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what it is. I mean, I like the idea of it, but to me it always felt a little like fashion junk food. It tastes good for a while but isn't worth it in the end.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Just my luck, bought a pair of the drop crotch pants. As I'm riding home, unbeknownst to me, the shopping bag falls off my bike and is lost forever. If anyone is going to their local H&M and wants to pick me up a pair of size 10 drop crotch, I would appreciate it and pay you immediately.

Comment

• Gunjah
                  • May 2008

was there 10 minutes after they opened, ALL gone sold, this was some sick shit, school girls fighting in front of my eyes for the last pair of trousers in the hands of the shop assistant, really really sick

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

what the fuck is wrong with people...
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chim
                      • Dec 2006

I don't really see the hate - this is one of the most anticipated collaborations of the year, and CdG has more than paid its dues if we're talking about if a brand is fashionably significant. Plus, H&M prices for classic CdG designs - seems like a no brainer. People have lined up for 10 days for a fucking Star Wars movie.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by therapysessions View Post
                        Designer x mass market crossovers always leave a bit of bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what it is. I mean, I like the idea of it, but to me it always felt a little like fashion junk food. It tastes good for a while but isn't worth it in the end.
                        Peter, I like this comparison.

Spot spot on.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chim View Post
                          I don't really see the hate - this is one of the most anticipated collaborations of the year, and CdG has more than paid its dues if we're talking about if a brand is fashionably significant. Plus, H&M prices for classic CdG designs - seems like a no brainer. People have lined up for 10 days for a fucking Star Wars movie.
                          With all due respect - how many of these people knew Comme des Garcons before this? Not many. It's dogshit - marketing hype to feed the fatuous who want nothing but another fucking logo. These people are not buying garments - they are buying a name. And they don't even fucking care what name at is, as long as it's even remotely supposed to be cool and cheap enough to buy into. The word "designer" is enough to make them wet. This is commerce at its worst and Rei can explain it away all she wants
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

At the risk of getting run off SZ...

I went to the store on Lex at 9. Did not wait in line at all--just strolled in with the crowd when the doors opened. I would say there were only about 100 people queuing up? I have never been to one of these things before and figured i would just watch from the sidelines, as i'm not much for competitive shopping. It was surprisingly civilized though--no snatching or fighting.

The clothes are a mixed bag. The polka dot pieces and plain wool jerseys are just ok--only marginally above ordinary h&m quality. They are definitely the filler pieces of the collection, as there were tons of them, and the staff kept bringing out more. [Ugly] bags were quite limited as were scarves, and people went cravy over these.

The good: Men's trench is very intricately detailed and a nice weight wool, much nicer than the women's. I didn't think the other men's stuff was anything great. The boiled wool jackets were all excellent--exceptionally well finished, especially on the inside

I did get two truly beautiful pairs of pants in luxury weight wool--one drop crotch, one jodhpur style. Amazing fit, also beautifully finished. Am extremely pleased with those and quite surprised about it.
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Purity
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              With all due respect - how many of these people knew Comme des Garcons before this? Not many. It's dogshit - marketing hype to feed the fatuous who want nothing but another fucking logo. These people are not buying garments - they are buying a name. And they don't even fucking care what name at is, as long as it's even remotely supposed to be cool and cheap enough to buy into. The word "designer" is enough to make them wet. This is commerce at its worst and Rei can explain it away all she wants
                              hehe, just saw a video on a norwegian news site where they intereviewed people who had been waiting in line and asked them if they could pronounce the label. Some dude called it commie de ganos before proceeding to pick up a huge pile of the stuff. So painful.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQZQsT-zzk

hehehe
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎