Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paris Mens F/W 09 Schedule (January 22nd to 25th 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avantster
    ¤¤¤
    • Sep 2006

Paris Mens F/W 09 Schedule (January 22nd to 25th 2009)

Thursday, January, the 22nd

HUGO, HUGO BOSS 10.30 am Couvent des Cordeliers - 15 rue de l'Ecole de Médecine - Paris 6e
    KILGOUR 11.30 am To be confirmed
    GASPARD YURKIEVICH 12.30 pm Salon des Miroirs - 13 passage Jouffroy - Paris 9e
    UTE PLOIER 1.30 pm Maison des Métallos - salle Blanche - 94 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud - Paris 11e
    LOUIS VUITTON 2.30 pm See invitation
    NUMBER (N)INE 4.00 pm Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e
    JEAN PAUL GAULTIER 5.00 pm 325 rue Saint-Martin - Paris 3e
    YOHJI YAMAMOTO 6.00 pm 155 rue Saint-Martin - Paris 3e
    VERONIQUE BRANQUINHO 7.00 pm Maison des Métallos - salle Noire - 94 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud - Paris 11e
    DRIES VAN NOTEN 8.00 pm To be confirmed
    HENRIK VIBSKOV 9.00 pm Espace Saint Martin - 199 bis rue Saint-Martin - Paris 3e

Friday, January, the 23rd

JUNYA WATANABE MAN 10.00 am See invitation
    BLAAK HOMME 11.00 am To be confirmed
    THIERRY MUGLER noon Couvent des Cordeliers
    RICK OWENS 1.00 pm Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e
    JUUN J. 2.00 pm BETC EURO RSCG- 85/87 rue du faubourg Saint-Martin - Paris 10e
    KRIS VAN ASSCHE 3.00 pm Musée de l'Homme
    COMME DES GARCONS HOMME PLUS 4.00 pm Voir invitation
    CERRUTI 5.00 pm Cité de l'Architecture - 11 avenue Albert de Mun - Paris 16e
    GIVENCHY 6.00 pm Musée Bourdelle - 18 rue Antoine Bourdelle - Paris 15e
    RAF SIMONS 7.00 pm Musée de l'Homme
    JOHN GALLIANO 8.30 pm To be confirmed

Saturday, January, the 24th

MIHARAYASUHIRO 10.00 am Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e
    KENZO 11.00 am Palais de Tokyo - 13 avenue du Président Wilson - Paris 16e
    ARMAND BASI noon Maison des Métallos - 94 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud - Paris 11e
    TILLMANN LAUTERBACH 1.00 pm Palais Brongniart
    ANN DEMEULEMEESTER 2.00 pm Couvent des Cordeliers - 15 rue de l'Ecole de Médecine - Paris 6e
    KAZUYUKI KUMAGAI / ATTACHMENT 3.00 pm Garage Turenne - 66 rue de Turenne - Paris 3e
    WINTLE 4.00 pm Atelier Richelieu - 60 rue de Richelieu - Paris 2e
    DAMIR DOMA 5.00 pm Elysée Montmartre
    EMANUEL UNGARO 6.00 pm To be confirmed
    PETAR PETROV 7.00 pm Espace Saint Martin - 199 bis rue Saint-Martin - Paris 3e
    HERMÈS 8.00 pm To be confirmed
    JEROEN VAN TUYL 9.00 pm To be confirmed

Sunday, January, the 25th

U-NI-TY 10.00 am To be confirmed
    LANVIN 11.00 am See invitation
    WOOYOUNGMI noon Le Labo
    MASATOMO 1.00 pm Hôtel Meurice - 228 rue de Rivoli - Paris 1er
    DIOR HOMME 2.00 pm To be confirmed
    PAUL SMITH 3.00 pm Couvent des Cordeliers - 15 rue de l'Ecole de Médecine - Paris 6e
    WALTER VAN BEIRENDONCK 4.00 pm Bataclan
    AGNÈS B. 5.00 pm 17 rue Dieu - Paris 10e
    JULIUS 6.00 pm Maison des Métallos - salle Noire - 94 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud - Paris 11e
    ROMAIN KREMER 7.00 pm Maison des Métallos - salle Blanche - 94 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud - Paris 11e
    DUNHILL 8.00 pm La Maison de l’Architecture - Couvent des Recollets - 148 rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin - Paris 10e
    GARETH PUGH 9.00 pm To be confirmed

http://www.modeaparis.com/va/collections/2009hamm/index.html
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.
  • KodakII
    • Sep 2008

Gareth Pugh is having a solo menswear show? I can't wait to see the collections, thanks for posting this.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

I didn't even know Pugh had a standalone men's line...i thought it was just some more unisex womens pieces that appropriately sized guys bought.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• andrewislasorad
        • Nov 2006

Great! Now we can start making our plans. We will be making some SZ history with this meet up.

Comment

• darker shades
          • Nov 2008

Brilliant! Thank you Avantster for the post-up. I cannot wait to see what menswear designers will bring to the automne/hiver season in 2009-2010.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Awesomenessnessness.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I can't wait! S/S 09 is such a loss for me I'm looking forward to next winter. Anyone want to make predictions?
              music

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

Make or break for n(n) imo... 3 weak collections in a row would be pretty bad.
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                  I can't wait! S/S 09 is such a loss for me I'm looking forward to next winter. Anyone want to make predictions?
                  It will be interesting to see whether Rei continues with the dark theme from last season - something tells me she will. I would like to see Junya get away from pink suits. The rest seem pretty predictable. I do hope that Ann creates something fresher then the past few seasons in terms of cuts. Also curious to see what Gareth Pugh cooks up.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    Make or break for n(n) imo... 3 weak collections in a row would be pretty bad.
                    I haven't been particularly displeased with any N(N) collections of recent memory. S/S 09 isn't the most conventional way to go with a menswear show, but looking back at it now I think it fits within the canon quite well. At the end of the day, N(N) is N(N), much like CdG or Yohji, it's the kind of collection I admire based on the framework of the internal universe of the brand...i guess you could say that for any designer out there, and there are others I'd put up with this bunch as well...But I dunno, when I view a season's collections from start to finish there are some brands that I think are clearly running the 'fashion race,' and those that are just marching to their own beat altogether, if that makes any sense. Obviously as a designer and aspiring visionary, everyone should strive for the latter, but when it comes to the likes of Prada, Lanvin, Raf Simons/Jil Sander, Nicolas for Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten, even Alexander McQueen, in my eye they all form part of a general wave of trends that I think the first few houses I mentioned were always on a slightly different tangent to. Or maybe not, maybe I see it that way because I am particularly fond of and follow those designers a bit more clearly.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                      • Feb 2008

Pugh apparently will have his collection beside Rick's in the Mayfair store.
                      It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        I haven't been particularly displeased with any N(N) collections of recent memory. S/S 09 isn't the most conventional way to go with a menswear show, but looking back at it now I think it fits within the canon quite well. At the end of the day, N(N) is N(N), much like CdG or Yohji, it's the kind of collection I admire based on the framework of the internal universe of the brand...i guess you could say that for any designer out there, and there are others I'd put up with this bunch as well...But I dunno, when I view a season's collections from start to finish there are some brands that I think are clearly running the 'fashion race,' and those that are just marching to their own beat altogether, if that makes any sense. Obviously as a designer and aspiring visionary, everyone should strive for the latter, but when it comes to the likes of Prada, Lanvin, Raf Simons/Jil Sander, Nicolas for Balenciaga, Dries Van Noten, even Alexander McQueen, in my eye they all form part of a general wave of trends that I think the first few houses I mentioned were always on a slightly different tangent to. Or maybe not, maybe I see it that way because I am particularly fond of and follow those designers a bit more clearly.
                        It's definitely good to have brands and designers who do what they want instead of what they "should", but I just can't get behind Portland or the latest abortion...
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

I hope Ann will inject some edge and tone down the femininity or at least do it in a different way.

I'm sure Lanvin will be same old but very desirable nonetheless. I can't wait for Dior to be terrible again.

Have I missed Gapard Yurkievich in the past, or is this his first time showing his own collections again? I remember when he did Jil Sander for a short period, I wasn't crazy about it.

I'm also interested to see if Damir Doma will come into his own. His last few collections have been off but show potential. I like that he's doing the softer side of draping to counter Julius' infinite darkness, but I'm hoping he will harden up a bit and make more substantial pieces.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          It will be interesting to see whether Rei continues with the dark theme from last season - something tells me she will. I would like to see Junya get away from pink suits. The rest seem pretty predictable. I do hope that Ann creates something fresher then the past few seasons in terms of cuts. Also curious to see what Gareth Pugh cooks up.
                          music

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Casem, you are confusing Yurkievich with Vurkumovic. Actually I think Turssardi or Cerrutti or another one of those palpatating-for-revial brands recently hired him.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

SZ Addendum to the schedule as I didn't see these listed.

Boris Bidjan Saberi - 22nd of January
                              Attachment - 24th of January
                              Viridi-Anne - Installation/Exhibit, TBA

Anyone hitting the Julius show?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎