Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stadsvandringar
    • Aug 2008

It looks like I'm not the only one whose first impression was Gangs of New York. I mean that in the best way possible though. I would definitely like to see it in person.

Comment

• electric_alyce
      • Mar 2008

Wow! Very theatrical, VERY "return of the alpha male".
      I LOVE the jacket-morphing-into-vest. Brilliant!!!
      Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• huskiesonice
        • Mar 2008

Jack The Ripper on Acid.

Great to look at, not sure I'd want to wear it down the pub though.

Comment

• Purity
          • Apr 2007

Gangs of New York is the first thing that came to my mind as well - Hehe, also though Hostel when seing that leather butcher outfit. I really love this collection! My favorite from Mcqueen since Fw 2006.

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

I like it. Sherlock and Dracula in Post apocalyptic London. A lot of it is wearable too, Really like all the coats

Comment

• mesh
              • Dec 2006

It's too bad the clothing in stores is so underwhelming and overpriced, always a miss.

For a good laugh look at the shoe pricing on barneys.com.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

Fucking incredible casting.

I really appreciate this show.
                —
                -

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

that butcher look is absolutely 100% Hostel hahahaha

All in all, McQueen is one of the guys that I really enjoy seeing runway shows/performances of. He's got a great imagination.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Purity
                    • Apr 2007

Comment

• Jon
                      • Apr 2008

I keep coming back to this show trying to see what makes it so special, and it really isn't much. The clothes feel like there's so little substance to them. Great attention to detail, as always, the styling is great, but it's been done.

This attitude, the 'darkness' (seems to be a running theme in Fashionland this season ) it's all been seen before. It's theatrical period clothing and immediately conjures up last year's Galliano show (1 more time) - McQueen doesn't intend to innovate men's fashion and it shows. Points for being entertaining, but whatevs...
                      Originally posted by merz
                      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I agree.
                        These runway shows that focus on theatrics gets tired fast. A designer, if going that route, needs to put some more thought into the wearability of the clothing that goes down the runway, otherwise it just ends up looking like a Hollywood movie going down the runway.
                        There needs to be some kind of wearability to the collection, at least for me.

It's one of the reasons why I love Ann's collections; They evoke so much emotion but yet everything on the runway is tangible and not just smoke and mirrors(for the most part).
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• deleuze
                          • Jul 2007

I don't know, in a way I prefer these sort of collections; they present wearable pieces paired with more outrageous pieces or just styled extravagantly that have the effect of evoking a certain mood without encouraging runway copies; they're more challenging. How many people see an Ann look and start off with I need that vest but what to wear with it? Oh how about those cropped pants and that extra long multi-button strap shirt. And to complete it I need that Amish hat and those scrunchy ankle boots! No one is going to look at this collection and see a grey splatter stained shirt and say that would go perfect with a leather butcher vest. At least I hope not.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

A wise call, Jon.

This stuff is interesting, the looks are cool (albiet many of the more interesting ones are very difficult to imagine wearing), but to me this seems more like a very well executed exercise in costume design for some almost gothic movie starring Johnny Depp.. Seems like, as Jon has said, it's nothing new or breathtaking, and that's why I prefer the more science fiction/futuristic lines, because the future hasn't been done before.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

You're right, Deleuze. Instead his clients will go his boutique and pick out one of his generic blazers. This show is just that. No way that it will look anything like this in the shops, a la Galliano.
                              Originally posted by merz
                              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• deleuze
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                You're right, Deleuze. Instead his clients will go his boutique and pick out one of his generic blazers. This show is just that. No way that it will look anything like this in the shops, a la Galliano.
                                I agree with you there and mesh mentioned the same above.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎