Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neonrider
    • Jan 2008

TheRedeemer - note that the waxed/distressed treatment on the f/w 09 jeans is more intense than on the s/s 10. in my opinion (i have both) a lot more intense.

so, as BBSCCP says, you might just want to visit a tailor.
    ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• TheRedeemer
      • Apr 2010

Isnt it hard to taper the hem on the twisted jeans? I doubt there is any skillful enough here

Comment

• May 2007

I'd imagine it's the same as any taper...open seam, remove a certain amount, close seam.

Originally posted by TheRedeemer View Post
        Isnt it hard to taper the hem on the twisted jeans? I doubt there is any skillful enough here

Comment

• snake
          • Nov 2009

^ Yup, I had my waxed twisted jeans from last season tapered to 16.5cm by my regulator tailor and it turned out great. They're essentially SS10s now.

Comment

• BBSCCP
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by snake View Post
            ^ Yup, I had my waxed twisted jeans from last season tapered to 16.5cm by my regulator tailor and it turned out great. They're essentially SS10s now.
            did he taper the whole part from the knees below or only the hem? does the twisting still work with 16,5 cm?

I also thought about bringing mine to the tailor but am not sure if the twisting still gonna work if I let them taper from the knees below.

Seems there are two versions of how to wear this jeans. Some just tuck them into the boots and the others twist them until they are really tight around the calves and ankles to tuck them into the boots and stop them from untwisting.

I prefer the second method but doubt it´ll work that fine with less fabric

In general I also prefer the wax from the AW09 to the SS10...

Comment

• stereophobic
              • Aug 2009

I really don't think the issue of the wax matters unless you wear the jeans only once a week or so during cool evenings... it won't last very long with repeated use.
              An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Avalkab
                • Jun 2010

Meh, a few nice ones but that's about it.

Comment

• snake
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
                  did he taper the whole part from the knees below or only the hem? does the twisting still work with 16,5 cm?

I also thought about bringing mine to the tailor but am not sure if the twisting still gonna work if I let them taper from the knees below.

Seems there are two versions of how to wear this jeans. Some just tuck them into the boots and the others twist them until they are really tight around the calves and ankles to tuck them into the boots and stop them from untwisting.

I prefer the second method but doubt it´ll work that fine with less fabric

In general I also prefer the wax from the AW09 to the SS10...
                  I had him taper from the knee down. Yes the twisting is still there, it fits flawlessly now. Quite comparable to the SS10 model.

TheRedeemer - If you like them, I'd bring them to your tailor and give it a shot. Just make sure your tailor sticks with working just one of the seams so you don't loose the twisting effect. Thought I'd include a pic of what mine looks like.. the alteration is hardly noticeable.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                    • Feb 2010

I had him taper from the knee down. Yes the twisting is still there, it fits flawlessly now. Quite comparable to the SS10 model.

TheRedeemer - If you like them, I'd bring them to your tailor and give it a shot. Just make sure your tailor sticks with working just one of the seams so you don't loose the twisting effect. Thought I'd include a pic of what mine looks like.. the alteration is hardly noticeable.
                    thanks for the pic, Snake!

I was also thinking about tapering and was confused about the 4 seams... So, your tailor did taper only 1 seam? I thought, if tapering all 4, the twisting would be better.... ?!?

Comment

• snake
                      • Nov 2009

Hmm perhaps it would be, I was just trying to picture that in my head. But then again if you were to do that, in the end you'd only be taking about 1cm off each seam, which seems more trouble than it'd be worth. Tapering that from the knee down would require accuracy in the millimeters, probably a pain in the ass to attempt.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                        • Feb 2010

yeah, I guess you are right. But it´s good to know it works from the knees down, thanks for the information! And you definitely said to the tailor 16,5 cm right?

I wanna bring mine to the tailor as fast as possible and will post the results here.

Comment

• snake
                          • Nov 2009

Yup, told him 16.5 cm from the knee down and prayed. Good luck!

Comment

• BBSCCP
                            • Feb 2010

Yup, told him 16.5 cm from the knee down and prayed. Good luck!
                            I´ll pray too

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

Hmm with all this talk, I might get mine tapered and shortened a few inches aswell, hopefully shortening them won't change the twisting much.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                                Hmm with all this talk, I might get mine tapered and shortened a few inches aswell, hopefully shortening them won't change the twisting much.
                                I have decided to try tapering all 4 seams... There is no way back

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎