• fenrost
    Banned
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post

Comment

• kuugaia
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Mikael View Post
      Thanks for the info. Anyone would have seen the jacket itself to tell me if full suit would be nice?
      I tried on the jacket and it is indeed very nice. Very slim silhouette and tight fitting. However it is by no means a conventional suit jacket if you were looking at getting an actual suit. In fact...I wouldn't really call it a suit as it's not really paired off with any matching pants (not in the store I was at anyway). More like a blazer.

Comment

• croatoan
        • Jul 2007

Matching pants do exist.

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

^ I stand corrected. Thanks croatoan. I would assume not all stores picked up the entire suit.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
            Matching pants do exist.
            3 in fact, the twisted pants, narrow trousers, and the moto trousers with knee detailing. would still be far from a conventional suit even with matching pants though.

Comment

• Mikael
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
              3 in fact, the twisted pants, narrow trousers, and the moto trousers with knee detailing. would still be far from a conventional suit even with matching pants though.
              Would the one of my second photo be the narrow ones and the one of DRRRK the twisted ones?

I think I find conventional suits to be boring so I was tempted to get a Julius suit but do you think it would already be too much for job interview or other serious occasions? (that's why I was asking for more pics)
              -- Mikael

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

apologies, forgot that the narrow pants are actually the pants with the front zips down the legs. if you wear a cotton nylon suit to a job interview prepare to not be taken seriously at all...

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

I wouldnt recommend using it for job interviews or formal occasions. It may be a suit, but it has the Julius aesthetic embedded into it...which is the zombie apocalypse. Only yes, if the interview is for a job sledge hammering down the enemies.

Comment

• Mikael
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
                    apologies, forgot that the narrow pants are actually the pants with the front zips down the legs. if you wear a cotton nylon suit to a job interview prepare to not be taken seriously at all...
                    I think this provide the answer to my question

Thanks Dji and Kuugaia
                    -- Mikael

Comment

• neonrider
                      • Jan 2008

wondering if anyone can speak to kuugaia's comments about the fencing being extra stiff and tough to fit. owners - has it softened up, how is the fit relative to moto/rider/etc?
                      ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• modalsaliency
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by neonrider View Post
                        wondering if anyone can speak to kuugaia's comments about the fencing being extra stiff and tough to fit. owners - has it softened up, how is the fit relative to moto/rider/etc?
                        I ended up ordering a size 2 sight unseen based on measurements and nothing else. I got ridiculously lucky on a japanese auction so I figured I could resell it for more than I paid anyway if it wasn't to par. I don't know how it fits relative to the moto, but it's slimmer than the F/W 10 rider I had a chance to try on (though everyone claims that one is uncharacteristically bulky) and a bit roomier than the 05 Thieves fencing, which is the only other Julius I've ever tried.

This surprised me, but I'm actually a fan of the goat leather. It appears durable as hell, and is a happy medium between how rigid horse/calf can be and how drapey sheep/lamb is (which I don't like as it's so fragile and doesn't age well in my experience if you actually wear it under real conditions). Reflects water fine. I can't speak to how it will soften up as I've had it two days, but it's perfectly wearable off the rack.

I can post fit pics if anyone wants. I wish I could size down in width but keep the length the same, but I have this problem with all Japanese brands so it's nothing new.
                        Last edited by modalsaliency; 05-14-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• stereophobic
                          • Aug 2009

Great to hear it worked out, would removing the middle panel make it too tight?
                          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                            • May 2010

Yeah, with the middle panel removed it's actually a perfect fit. The problem is that it's obviously not designed nor cut for this, so it fucks up the silhouette and makes it sit a little lopsided on your body. Plus I actually like the second zipper and don't find it as superfluous as I probably should.

Comment

• stereophobic
                              • Aug 2009

Yeah I did thought the second zipper idea seemed kind of redundant but I didn't mind the runway styling. I like other leathers better due to the grain and feel of goat but it definitely is a sturdy piece that will get better the more bashed up it is. I thought the middle panel removed on awlouie was nice.

Originally posted by awlouie View Post
                              Earlier today: Yulius, LUC, KKA, Augusta

An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                                • May 2010

I'll probably end up wearing it with the middle piece removed for want of a more elegant solution, since I subscribe to the 'fit over style' school. Here's a pair of quickie phone pics, if anyone is interested:

Julius, Oni, Frye.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎