Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homi
    • Nov 2007

i dont know why she totally stopped making shirts this collection, i always love the way her jackets layer overtop ann d white shirts
    THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
    Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by homi View Post
      i dont know why she totally stopped making shirts this collection, i always love the way her jackets layer overtop ann d white shirts
      She didn't, of course. It's just a styling choice for the runway (place was too hot ).

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Yes, there were plenty of shirts in the showroom.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Catfood
          • Oct 2008

Would any of you guys that where at the showroom mind telling us a bit about the shirts?

Did she do any drawstring shirts or any other interesting shirts? Did she do any patterns or interesting fabrics, or where they all very plain like the rest of the collection?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I did not see any drawstring shirts. She did that thing again, where it's like a bow tie kinda thingy at the neck. There were some patterns - I liked one polka-dottish pattern, the big dots were textured and a slightly different shade, a nice light bluish color. Other shades were black, brown, and peach. I don't buy shirts, so I did not pay much attention.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Catfood
              • Oct 2008

Thanks Faust, appreciate it.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

hmmm...

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I don't buy shirts, so I did not pay much attention.
                  Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                  hmmm...

A whole collection for Faust.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                    • Dec 2009

vernice

not FW, but SS10

black laquered hightops here: http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/pro...GPABCMPKJAMIIA

anybody get a chance to see them in person, either on the runway or wherever?

hard to tell from the artificial indoor lighting what the Lacquered treatment actually looks like.. gawdy/chic like a pair of patent leather nikes, or a practically protecant milder sheen comparable to a pair of heavy waxed denim..

if they are too loud, probably would be hard to dress down at all.. but if not, and the luster is more subtle, i like the idea of a hightop that really balances the sneaker/boot aesthetic..

thoughts?

also, i speculate they would break in nicely over time as the lacquer wore off in places.. given you could upkeep the rubber soles that long..

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

Suede with black lacquered soles:

Originally posted by DRRRK
                      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• mononon
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                        i love the zipper on both sides, tempted to buy these.
                        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

They look patent to me, not lacquered. Regardless, I think both version are much worse than the Fall 09 version. Looks cheap and really ugly in my opinion.

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                            • Dec 2009

[QUOTE=Catfood;226835]They look patent to me, not lacquered. QUOTE]

have you seen them in person or are you referring to the product shots done by aloharag? i agree, they do look bad in that lighting, but who knows the value of the strobe they used, and how those images relate to their look in normal light situations--more specifically dimmer light. for example, compared to the only product shots available they look less patent-y in the runway pictures---which in themselves are full of bright artificial light..

just curious, because im very interested in them, the two zippers, and they look like they could appear to be a deep black in real life.. anyone seen them? or see the show?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I'd wait until the next season's version with two buckles. the patent is foul.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Macro
                                • Apr 2008

I've handled them IRL. The bottom looks a bit cheap... like painted shrink wrap... they look like they might crack over time. I doubt it, but the contrast is THAT apparent when handling them. Sneakers are killer otherwise. Follow Faust, and wait for fall.
                                every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎