• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

[quote user="merz"]

Any idea of what those exclusives might be? I'm very curious, its just that the linesheet didn't indicate anything in 44 - and although my order stocking some did go through without a hitch, I'm unsure whether other places will carry such sizes at all.

[/quote]

No idea. Although I have to say, his sizing is quite snug, as some things I would normally order in a Small, I went a size up. It IS Japanese manufacturing after all. My guess is that the 44s might be offered at Den since it's more exclusive, and those sizes might be taken from his Japanese deliveries, since I'm certain Japanese stores will stock 44s and 46s primarily. Also, if Odin didn't order certain styles, those selfsame styles might show up in Den. The line is so large (for a premiere collection, especially) that I can't see any stores carrying the full complement of offerings.

I'll try and ask them this week...

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

My bank account will be thanking me if Geller turns out to be a viable alternative for my Cloak fix at a cheaper price. Can't wait 'till it hits stores!
      music

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

some scans from the lookbook that ruach from superfuture and blackbird(retail store in seattle) was kind enough to share with me. blackbird did not buy all of the items posted here:

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

The short black jacket looks mighty good. The rest seems like watered down Cloak.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Is the third Pic a cuff or a belt?

I like it as a belt, but would hate it if it were ever a cuff,

i like the shirts a lot, they remind me of old jil sander shirts, which is rather interesting because I met Robert when he and Alexandre was just starting the label (Cloak that is) and he was wearing one of Sander's Shirts thats very similar to these, with a slim tie.....

The jacket in the first pic is interesting, Curious to see what it would look like on a body.........Smart of them to make it in a plaid, as from my imagination, if it were made in a solid the slope in the front would give the impression that its a badly cut jacket, as opposed to the slope being a design detail...........

Dont care much for the jewelery, as personally i dont really wear any. niether do i find these too inspiring. what i want to see is the pants, I need some non jeans casual pants and cant seem to find any (thats not tooooooo expensive) that i like ..... and right now im too busy/lazy to make them for myself

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Here are a couple more pictures. I was scanning the images to just show what we got from the collection, so unfortunately I didn't have a several of the pages handy. These are just cropped out of the pages I did happen to scan. Unfortunately I just had two pairs of pants scanned; there were a few more, including jeans.

edit: and the calf skin vest...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

what's the hoodie look? how many pieces does this collection span? over 40 individual pieces?

Comment

• boxma
                  • Feb 2007

ForSZ members in Canada, TNT Blu in Toronto is going to carry Robert Gellerthis Fall. Can't wait to see the real items !!

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

This looks like a new Cloak season, I likesome ofthe items and now that Cloak is gone it is rather easy to justify its place from a consumer perspectivebut still I hope the label will develop it's own signature. Like everyone I am stricken with the blazer with elastic cuffs.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

[quote user="Fuuma"]This looks like a new Cloak season, I likesome ofthe items and now that Cloak is gone it is rather easy to justify its place from a consumer perspectivebut still I hope the label will develop it's own signature. [/quote]

I don't think it is a conscious decision to pick up where cloak left off with robert so much as his design lexicon that influenced the earlier cloak collections. He continues with many of the same elements and some new ones as well that give his work a direction of its own. I think i am as excited about what i've seen him do as people on this forum are about anne dem, julius or poell..

[/quote]

My take on it is that brands have to offer a fully realized and evolving world that, of course serves to communicate their vision and launch a dialogue with their audience but also distinguish them from other brands. This is why when someone designs two brands at the same time (think Raf at Jil), we can sometimes be critical of fine design that is too similar to his own line?s offerings. I agree that Geller should build upon his Cloak experience, I?m just wary of seeing this turn into a Cloak II. I am not implying that this will happen, just that the danger is here as what I?m seeing now is very much in line with Cloak. A complete look book and handling the garments in person will, of course, be the final test.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I agree for the most part, Fuuma (btw, current season Jil and Raf look pretty similar), but I do miss that more aggressive Cloak aesthetic, which Plokhov himself hasn't pushed himself enough since SS05. It's not really evident here in full, but there are certain elements that serve as a reminder.

So, any deliveries yet? When do we get to play with this?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• burgerbot
                          • Jun 2007

any word on the leather braces being carried around nyc, specifically? i've contacted a couple places, no definite stocklists.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

men's style put up the fall buys section. one of the pieces is this great looking trench from geller.

more importantly, it's priced at around $556. not sure about the specs on it (i.e. composition, lined, etc...), but it seems like a decent deal for a trench.

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

men's style put up the fall buys section. one of the pieces is this great looking trench from geller.

more importantly, it's priced at around $556. not sure about the specs on it (i.e. composition, lined, etc...), but it seems like a decent deal for a trench.

[/quote]

Yeah, it's a great piece, especially for the price. I tried it on last Fall and it fit great although I'm normally a size 46 but I had to go a size up to a 48 (Japanese fit and all). The beige version is pretty great - there's a modern sporty huntsman vibe to it that I liked.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Anyone know of a store that ordered the blazer/bomber jacket? That thing is hot.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎