X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

Oh, word? That would be fantastic, thanks Merz!
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Anyone know of a store that ordered the blazer/bomber jacket? That thing is hot.

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Odin and/or Den will be carrying that style in NYC, it was one of the fave pieces from the collection, IIRC. I also fit that in a 48, even if in, say Lad Musician, I wear a 46. So unless they change their sizing, the fits will be snug.

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="merz"]Were you ever able to establish what items were going to be sold exclusively through the new york location, Bakla? If there is stuff beyond the lookbook I had ordered from, I'd be very interested in having a peek. I do hope robert plays up the distinct and agressive elegance that made his participation in cloak stand out so much during the earlier seasons. By the way, do you happen to know who is doing the manufacturing for him?
        [/quote]

I haven't seen the lookbook beyond the press book he released. I don't know exactly what Odin bought, but I'm certain they will carry everything in the Den store when that goes in Geller mode (Den is the Odin branch that will feature one designer completely throughout the store every few weeks). And I'm afraid I don't know who's doing the manufacturing - I once asked in passing but I didn't press.

I'm anxious to see what he cooks up for Spring 08!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

men's style put up the fall buys section. one of the pieces is this great looking trench from geller.

more importantly, it's priced at around $556. not sure about the specs on it (i.e. composition, lined, etc...), but it seems like a decent deal for a trench.

[/quote]

I clicked through the whole feature - very uninspiring (not surpised, of course).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

oh come on. i know like me you've been eyeing these snow boots.

"It can be worn in Aspen or in NYC and it still looks great."

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"] I clicked through the whole feature - very uninspiring (not surpised, of course).[/quote]

haha same thing for me, thought that "hmm, theygot Geller here, wonder what else they have.."

ended up being pretty meh

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                • Mar 2007

hmm i would love to go, i was there today and picked up the Geller cardigan they are carrying. The girl there didnt mention this at all after i talked to her about the collection....

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="TypicalFashion"]hmm i would love to go, i was there today and picked up the Geller cardigan they are carrying. The girl there didnt mention this at all after i talked to her about the collection....
                  [/quote]

What did you think about what you've seen from the collection so far?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Shoot, I didn't even know Geller's collection was available yet at Scout. Might have to make a little trip. :)

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                      • Mar 2007

yeah i called around yesterday to see who got it in.

they dont have much, button up, blazer/jacket that i wasnt that into and the cardigan (sorry i took the XS)

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                        • Mar 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="TypicalFashion"]hmm i would love to go, i was there today and picked up the Geller cardigan they are carrying. The girl there didnt mention this at all after i talked to her about the collection....
                        [/quote]

What did you think about what you've seen from the collection so far?

[/quote]

well, like most of us, i have been really anticipating this, but the few pieces i saw there, i am actually not that psyched on, the cardigan is nice, its hard to fuck up a cardigan.... but the jacket was less than amazing i thought, button up was nice, but i didnt have a lot of time to check it out as they were closing...

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Oh ok, so they don't have that much in stock yet? I just got an email from Blackbird Seattle and they should be getting thier first Geller shipment in very soon complete with shirts, jackets, other tops, and jewelry (from what I remember).

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                            • Mar 2007

yeah i talked to blackbird yesterday too :) when i talked to scout, she seemed to imply they werent getting much more if anything... which i guess i could understand since its a new label and all... but then to hear about them doing this event around the collection, i would assume differently

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Merz, I'd like to attend if possible. :) If ya got the hook up, holla at me.

Comment

• dunaj
                                • Feb 2007

I'm definitely going to be there!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎