X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I don't know - I read the article in the New Yorker on him, and he came off as absolutely flat and characterless. And New Yorker is pretty damn good when it comes to profiles.
    Hm, I don't see how that contradicts what I said. He's definitely not flamboyant or loud, I mean, he joined Gucci to be closer to his sick gran (he says). In the interview, he said he always saw himself as a number 2, and was scared when Burberry asked him to be their number 1. He's from Yorshire fachrissake (what's the US equivalent to that? Indiana?). But as I said, he's humble and smart, which I actually find quite interesting and appealing. And it has worked wonder$ for Burberry.

On the subject of those draped skirts, I honestly don't see how they could work on anyone with a little more meat on the bone and overall, I don't think this collection is something to swoon over, but it will sell, that's for sure.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

To call this the weakest BP collection to date is a bit out there. From a design point of view the collection is flawless. How it interconnects, how the colours perfectly flow together, how it carries the silhouette. Granted, it's not experimental, pushing or to everyone's taste, but as far as putting an actual line-up and making sure every single outfit fits with the rest and the whole into a collection this is near perfect.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        Hm, I don't see how that contradicts what I said. He's definitely not flamboyant or loud, I mean, he joined Gucci to be closer to his sick gran (he says). In the interview, he said he always saw himself as a number 2, and was scared when Burberry asked him to be their number 1. He's from Yorshire fachrissake (what's the US equivalent to that? Indiana?). But as I said, he's humble and smart, which I actually find quite interesting and appealing. And it has worked wonder$ for Burberry.

On the subject of those draped skirts, I honestly don't see how they could work on anyone with a little more meat on the bone and overall, I don't think this collection is something to swoon over, but it will sell, that's for sure.
        That's not what flat and characterless means.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          That's not what flat and characterless means.
          No it doesn't... still, I don't think what you said contradicts my point. I don't think he will be the most amazing company you could have for dinner, but that's not his job.
          Last edited by mrbeuys; 09-26-2009, 10:29 AM. Reason: Grammatically challenged
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

JoniF, I didn't call it the best. And hell, ss09 was fantastic. But it's certainly not the weakest, and I just don't see the reasoning behind some critique.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎