X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: Jil Sander Womenswear FW07/08 - Milan

Think you're right on that nqth. What I thought was good about Raf as Jil was that in his first collections he really went back to almost the JS template - the classic JS look that really defined the type of designer she was. I thought that this was smart and respectful, adn that he executed it really well. But it's like he's using that idea as a comfort blanket now, and doesnt' have the confidence to put his own imprint on the look. It looks to me like simple regurgitation with some slight variations.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

This isn't very impressive as far as runway shows and overall concepts go but don't you wish your girlfriend wore Jil Sander every-day? This is one of those thing that works when it becomes one with the persona of the wearer in the mind of the viewer, everything has to come together in an obsessive way; hair clothes, shoes, facial expression, mannerism, walk, language, posture, perfurme, etc. There are very few labels which I feel can offer that to a woman without being mixed with other collections and Jil Sander used to be one of them. I'm glad that Raf, even though his execution is far from being at the level it could be, has understood that about Jil Sander.

Am I making sense or do you think I just spouted gibberish?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Real Real
        • Feb 2007

Anyone else think these women just look hot as hell? Not whorish or overly ornamented or fussy or anything like that, just beautiful and goddamn hot?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

This isn't very impressive as far as runway shows and overall concepts go but don't you wish your girlfriend wore Jil Sander every-day? This is one of those thing that works when it becomes one with the persona of the wearer in the mind of the viewer, everything has to come together in an obsessive way; hair clothes, shoes, facial expression, mannerism, walk, language, posture, perfurme, etc. There are very few labels which I feel can offer that to a woman without being mixed with other collections and Jil Sander used to be one of them. I'm glad that Raf, even though his execution is far from being at the level it could be, has understood that about Jil Sander.

Am I making sense or do you think I just spouted gibberish?

[/quote]

No, it makes sense. Clean clothes, clean hair, clean make-up. I don't wish my wife would dress like that though - I like a little grit, no matter how perfect the outfit. This is just too clinical for my taste.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎