Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Yeah I agree on you on for the most part. The pair of Julius pants I bought retail, I could of gotten online for almost half the price...but I decided to buy it at the store instead. Cost me about $3-400ish extra... Not sure for my reasoning, I just thought I felt inclined to support a local retailer bringing in so much stuff I like. Plus the service is great. But when it comes to saving over a thousand dollars...it makes me think twice. I guess it depends how much income you have. Support the retailer AND the designer, or just support the designer? I guess I would love to be able to do both...but I'm still a student :(

Comment

• nicelynice
      • Oct 2009

Do Julius leathers differ in thickness or warmth for spring/summer vs. fall/winter? I've never handled a s/s piece.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

In my experience they are similar regardless of the season.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fenrost
          Banned
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
          Yeah you're right. At my local retailer their Julius leathers are about $3700aud. Which is about 2400 euros or 3300 usd. It's STILL cheaper to get it through proxies but the thing you have to keep in mind is the fit for leather jackets. Your best bet is to try it on at your local retailer if you are lucky enough to have one, then proxy it online. Sucks for your retailer but you save almost a thousand by doing this. What's everybody's thoughts on this?
          my thought on these,

it's a slow progress of self-destruction to the label itself.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            In my experience they are similar regardless of the season.
            ^ what E said. the leathers used from SS09 onwards have a similar weight regardless of season, the processing (washing, tanning, etc.) does vary a bit though. the leather jackets I owned from FW06 and SS08 were significantly heavier than their current pieces, I think the leather used now strikes a good balance for wearability across all seasons.

Comment

• nicelynice
              • Oct 2009

Great, thank you very much for the information!
              Going for one on Y!, just have to decide which now

DJI, did you own one of jackets made for the Gordini shop? I think I remember a sale thread. Were you happy with the quality of that item? Thanks again

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

hmm, that piece is very much a matter of personal taste. the lamb leather used is quite different from the other jackets I've handled, when new the leather has a somewhat dry hand and the colour itself is a unique inconsistent brown/black tone. acid, bitter and sad, and avantster both owned the jacket so they'd be able to give better feedback as to how the leather ages.

Comment

• mononon
                  • Sep 2009

i think avantster is selling the gordini x julius size 1 too.
                  calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

The JuliusxGordini leather I had (sold it last year) did have the inconsistent brown/black tone that Damien was talking about, and kinda became lighter in tone with wear and age, which gave it a pretty unique look. The leather back then was thicker and more substantial than the leather now, which was great for the colder seasons but a little too warm for SS.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

iirc the leather of the gordini was fairly similar in weight to other recent jackets, the earlier leathers are considerably heavier (the jackets themselves were ~50% heavier than current ones in an equivalent size).

random thought but I wish _7 would make a jacket version (more substantial fabric with lining) of their classic long hoodies with oversized hood. was really keen on the devoa one however size 44 is a bit generous for me and they don't produce a 42.

Comment

• Mikael
                        • Feb 2009

317ACU56-C - 15,750 yen - BLACK - CHARCOAL

317ACU56 - 13,650 yen - BLACK - CHARCOAL

317ACU46 - 13,650 yen - BLACK - CHARCOAL - WHITE

317ACU48 - 11,550 yen - BLACK - GREY

317ACU40 - 15,750 yen - BLACK - GREY

317ACU19 - 59,850 yen - BLACK

317ACU27 - 33,600 yen - BLACK

317ACU10 - 18,900 yen - BLACK - SILVER

317STU6 - 21,000 yen - BLACK - CHARCOAL - 3rd color? (not mentioned)

317STU3 - 26,250 yen - BLACK - PLASTER - GRAIGE - NAVY

-- Mikael

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

croatoan did you have a chance to handle the tailored pieces? I'd be keen to pick up the long coat if it's the same cotton/cupro kersey fabric as the FW09 suit:

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Yup. Same fabric. Totally amazing.
                            The normal jacket is a bit longer in the body as FW2009 which creates an interesting look. The length is more traditional, but obviously everything else is straight rock and roll.

Comment

• Mikael
                              • Feb 2009

317KNM13 - 50,400 yen - BLACK - CHARCOAL

I think everything has been posted now

I am longing for fit pic of the long coat...

Something is a bit puzzling: why do the text patch is so visible on some pieces? Sometimes it just make the clothes look less beautiful. For exemple on these gloves:

On the black you can ignore it, but on the brown and gray it is just too present...it could at least have been on the part which is between the arm and the body instead of facing the outside
                              -- Mikael

Comment

• croatoan
                                • Jul 2007

Just use a seam ripper if you dislike it so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎