X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
    Looks good, how does it look worn open? As from the picture from the hanger I might even prefer it that way.
    Me too. Wow it looked great on Christian and all...but damn it looks good on the hanger unzipped.

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

In reference to DRRRK: in my oppinion when it comes to red leathers, I would prefer the rider. The styling on this one is very clean which I would not like for a red leather; in black this one is perfect; but as red is an eyecatcher by itself a simple styling somehow breaks the line for me. I don't know if you guys get what I am trying to say... Well, just my oppinion anyways..
      Interesting. Most people cite this as the reason for wanting clean styling in otherwise eye-catching garments. You're a case of anti-minimalism (not saying it's a bad thing).
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

MoFiya based on what you said - ever considered the FW09 jut in blood? :D
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Nah... I am a minimalist, too.
          That's why I actually would never buy a red leather...
          But if I would, it should be something to look at not only due to the colour but also due to design. The colour has to some extent a pop-out effect in perception, so there has to be something further to look at, more than just the colour IMO..
          You see me?
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

I know what you're saying but I think that goes opposite to the style that I've personally developed. I find myself not liking anything that has too many points in a certain category. In this case if it's a red leather jacket, the color red itself has already ticked the category of standing out. If the design etc. were to also stand out, I'd think that it's 'too much'.
            You see me? :P

editted: having said that...I'm one of those people that lack color in their entire wardrobe haha. Only JUST purchased my first ever red jacket in my life 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

MoFiya, I understand what you mean but my opinion is different. I dont like unnecessary buttons or zippers on jackets no matter which color. If I want something more eye-catching I would always do it with a color, not with superfluous details.

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Yeah, of course and I completely agree with you.
                Other than that, in my oppinion the Jut just is in not overstyled at all and gets the balancing act in between being a simple red jacket and over-the-top-styled really well.
                But this is FW10 thread - we should be talking about the new rider which I personally would prefer in black colourway due to the bespoke arguments..

edit: I was refering to kuugaia's post.
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Nah... I am a minimalist, too.
                  That's why I actually would never buy a red leather...
                  But if I would, it should be something to look at not only due to the colour but also due to design. The colour has to some extent a pop-out effect in perception, so there has to be something further to look at, more than just the colour IMO..
                  You see me?
                  I was going to disagree, but when I think about it, I have polished boots with wings, a coat with big lapels and piping, wrinkled leather pants, and the list goes on. I guess I do know what you're saying.

For this specific piece though, I think the asymmetrical zipper, the stance when open, and the stitching differentiate it enough in design from a plain leather jacket that had been dyed red.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• stereophobic
                    • Aug 2009

I just brought up the red jut as it is what I thought was a really good balance between eye-catching color and detail. Strangely enough, despite the popularity of the fw09 red rider the red jut hardly gets mentioned on SZ.

the pictures christian posted of the fw10 rider makes it more and more appealing, it doesn't seem like it is about to burst like the fw09 rider and looks like it would be great worn open as well. I'm more curious about the drape neck and cowl neck leathers however, those don't come in blood.
                    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                      I'd happily go for the simplified toned down jut...
                      I'd be more interested if only the shoulders were raglan.
                      WTB: This

Comment

• delirium
                        • Sep 2008

the blood rider is great. the simplistic design + bold color is nice.
                        it's up there on the julius leathers i would cop along with the cloud jutneck

Comment

• magic
                          • Feb 2009

not sure if its posted..

Video.
                          Focusing on object details

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

I figure this is the best place to ask... does anyone know where I can find Julius F/W 05 photos?

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                              • Oct 2008

Thieves used to be available on either totem or julius-garden by replacing the name of the collection in the url. Last time I checked though you could only go back as far as underworld though.
                              Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                              is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

Pre-sales is up at Idheart. Way too many pics to post them all so here's some of the main pieces. Also the red pieces are not Blood but actually Bordeaux. For the bigger guys, it looks like they're testing out pre-order interest up to size 4.

317BLM6 149,100 yen, BLACK, BORDEAUX, GRAY

317BLM7 141,750 yen, BLACK, RAW

317JAM1 68,250 yen, BLACK, CHARCOAL, GRAY
                                Last edited by Raw; 02-17-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎