Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marck
    • Dec 2008

I cant get over how great most of the boots look. The ones in the top corner will be an instant pickup for me, exactly what i needed. Thanks so much for the pictures christian.

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

Thanks for posting, Christian. Your description of the atmosphere in the showroom is interesting because I get the same feeling from looking at the shows. I don't want to compare RO and Julius now, just say that in spite of all the noise and intentionally bleak mood created in Julius shows they are intimate at the same time.

Comment

• klue
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by marck View Post
        I cant get over how great most of the boots look. The ones in the top corner will be an instant pickup for me, exactly what i needed. Thanks so much for the pictures christian.
        ^ ditto. Loving the new slimmer silhouettes and the use of soft, supple leather. Thanks heaps for posting Christian.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

I know that everybody is waiting for one the strong piece of this collection, far right on the rack : a variation on the famous red leather from previous FW collection.

What can I say ? Gorgeous leather, beautiful cut (fiitting my tall and thin shape, which was a surprise) and amazing colour.

More leather pieces

Leather is a classic, but the blazer should be as well in everyone's closet. Very long shape, slim fitted, narrow sleeves, beautifull shoulders, and once again, an awesome marron glacé brown colour. I can't believe that this so often to darkness associated designer invents so beautiful, subtle and deep colours.

Last edited by Chant; 01-26-2010, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
            • Nov 2008

Thanks for the pictures and review!

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

thanks Christian, really appreciate you sharing the showroom pictures with us and enjoyed reading your review. your shots capture the colour palette and textures so well, even more excited about this collection now. agree with marc and mel about the new boots, the slim backzip boots made from supple guidi-esque leather are definitely on my to cop list and the reverse leather engineers look great too (do I really need a 3rd pair of engineer boots, hmm...).

I have to say that red rider looks magnificent on you, a far better fit than on the runway. I've found that Julius' non-raglan leather jackets tend to be quite boxy on me but that style of cut looks like it's tailored for someone with your frame.

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Boots keep the Julius characteristic toe box shape, maybe a tad slimmed down. Not sure though.

During the runway show, I've been very impressed, like many other people, by the high boots and the oversized sewer boots, heavy and impressive.

They can be worn cuffed or uncuffed, pleated down or not.

Boots in motion

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

I can't say much about the trousers, since I hadn't really the time to try them on and would not interfere too much with the buyers by monopolizing the cabin model.
                  I'll try to focus my attention on them next time, as well as on the coats. Classic twisted shapes are of course available, in different fabrics and colours, and the slim cargo trousers looked very nice too. In addition I liked the short/leggins combo.

Jewelry

Belts, hats and beannies (with an open top and a very nice shape)

That's all, and sorry again for the poor quality pics. Will try to do better next time.

Comment

• diamonds
                    • Dec 2006

thanks for taking the time to post pictures. collections looks much better to me dissected.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

thanks again for the pics Christian, I'll be awaiting the new photos with baited breath as the pants were the highlight of the show for me (along with the boots and the leather jackets of course). some nice throwbacks to a few of their classic pieces with the twisted lace combats and what looks to be a doctors bag on the table. the leather arm warmers look too good but damned if I know what one could wear them with without looking too costumey...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

this looks great! hope to see those leather jackets in bigger sizes one day.
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Thanks for the photos and description of the pieces Christian. The collection looks great. I particularly like the twisted lace combat boots. Is it just me or does the heel on the engineer boots look a bit too small? Can't wait to see more pics of the leathers.

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

Christian you are an amazing guy thankyou kindly.
                            WTB: This

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Intention note for FW 2010

Invitation was sent with a newspaper fac-simile bringing together many articles on the same subject : the meaning of the word "Gothic", culturally, aesthetically, sociologically, historically, etc. speaking. Aber alles ist in Deutsch geschrieben...
                              Will try to put it online.
                              Last edited by Chant; 01-26-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Enaml
                                • Apr 2009

That's really interesting. Helps contextualize the collection and appreciate it more. Thanks, Christian.
                                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎