• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Dries Van Noten F/W 07-08

I see an Ann shirt on the left, there.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]I see an Ann shirt on the left, there.[/quote] True! I didn't see that, I was concentrating on the middle.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

this pattern deserves a closeup

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Wow, those closeups are great, they really show the attention to detail. It all looks very nice.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

OMG, Faust, thanks so much for the pics. It's absolutely stunning! I love that first top and that heavenly looking scarf. [U] The dark grey knit is very appealing as well....
                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]OMG, Faust, thanks so much for the pics. It's absolutely stunning! I love that first top and that heavenly looking scarf. [U] The dark grey knit is very appealing as well....
                  [/quote]

You are welcome. I knew you'd like it! Better start saving [:P]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting those, Faust. God is really in the details..
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]Thanks for posting those, Faust. God is really in the details..
                      [/quote]

Indeed! Or, with Dries, God is in the embroidery.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

those scarves are amazing.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Some new pics from Lift Japan.

The more I see this, the more I really, really like it.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

extremely pretty!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Seventh, have you read Smithson's critique of Duchamp? It's very good, imo, and I think it could be extended to Warhol. He says, (I'm chopping it up a little),

"there is no viable dialectic in Duchamp because he is only trading on the alienated object and bestowing on this object a kind of mystification....Duchamp offers a sanctification for alienated objects, so you get a generation of manufactured goods. It is a complete denial of the work process, and it is very mechanical too....He has a certain contempt for the work process and here I think he is sort of playing the aristocrat."

I think there is definitely a strain of this "trading on the alienated object" in Rei's work with icons. I would like to think that Yohji is doing something different and less cynical--perhaps connecting the monogram to the signature (his signature is his logo, after all) and re-connecting both with the work of the artist thereby. I am probably being too romantic though. [:$]
                              [/quote]

I do believe this is why Duchamp is widely seen as the father of modern art, his approach could be seen as mystification or even trickery, which is very much in line with Dada, but you can also see in this a trade off where the technical aspects are downplayed while the conceptual aspects take center stage. This primacy of ideas is in a sense, an attack on the academical and schooling aspects of art education, making artistry a viable endeavor for anyone with a great idea and some time to implement it. It is possible to conclude that this is in line with the disappearance of social classes (hahaha) and entry into the ?equal opportunity? society of post WWII.

Rei is more in line with Warhol (don?t like him much either BTW), as what she?s doing is definitely inspired by Duchamp but has evolved into a complete recontextualization where the idea is to strip a sign of all it?s implications except the target of the whole process that she keeps and blows out of proportions.

That Dries collection is very good BTW, the greys and yellows mix perfectly and the line of forces present in most outfits are subtly sensual amidst all this draping, bringing attention to the lower abdomen, something I hadn?t noticed at first.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎