X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rex
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by neonrider View Post
    the balmain ranger boot is a totally different fit (and finish). but i'd guess horikawa did base this off a military design.
    Oh I know, liked the idea and shape when I first saw them, but the patent leather killed it for me..they just seemed cheesy. The Julius boots look amazing though..Would love to see what inspired this design.

Comment

• seatbelts
      • Sep 2010

I wish I didn't just buy 8 pieces and Christmas gifts. Those leathers are fucking amazing.
      julius leather jacket size 2
      http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

I think last season's is better and the side zip is way better and eventhe back zips are better. I actually don't care about these boots at all. Weird... I don't want to say lazy but all 3 are really the same boots w/ the zipper in a different place.. maybe the twisted is different but Siva did that before as well as others. There are even really old 30's swedish military boots that do that.

Comment

• smash
          • Jan 2010

Doesn't know is it the right thread to announce

Julius Boutique HK is grand opening now.

They stock sizes up to 4, SS11 launch early January

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

- the cowl neck is by far my favorite part of the collection: the juxtaposition of monkish and punkish elements is a total mindfuck
            - As a redhead, I'm tempted to buy a red julius jacket... although, not having seen one in person, I have yet to determine what feeling the jacket would convey. Red hair / red jacket connotes devil, I hope in an aesthetically pleasing and not cartoonishly caricatured manner.
            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by trentk View Post
              - the cowl neck is by far my favorite part of the collection: the juxtaposition of monkish and punkish elements is a total mindfuck
              I have to agree this jacket is really a standout from the entire collection. Quite possible one of the most beautiful leather jackets I've ever seen. Surprisingly (at least for me) I really like most of the cropped pants and short's too. Never really been into that at all but these pieces are truly stunning.

This whole collection, especially the fishnet style sweaters remind me a lot of vintage Trent Reznor. Maybe not too big of a surprise since this is the aesthetic that Julius tries to capture but nice none the less.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Really?? is "vintage Trent Reznor" something we're shooting for? I just puked a little in my mouth...There was this thing called industrial in the early 80's and goth has been around since there were witches so let's aim it there at least. Next thing will be "old school Marilyn Manson".. or Gareth Pugh reminds me of early GaGa, first album stuff...

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by merz
                  p, maybe he means this bit of vintage trent:

That's timeless!!!
                  Looks like vintage RO really... thanks Merz, you are way meaner than you look. Props.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                    Really?? is "vintage Trent Reznor" something we're shooting for? I just puked a little in my mouth...There was this thing called industrial in the early 80's and goth has been around since there were witches so let's aim it there at least. Next thing will be "old school Marilyn Manson".. or Gareth Pugh reminds me of early GaGa, first album stuff...
                    Sorry if I managed to offend you in anyway, that was certainly not my intention. And yes I know that industrial music has been around for a while and so on and so forth, only reason for my comment above was that someone posted a picture of Trent Reznor, in the style inspirations thread I think, In which he was wearing a fishnet sweater very similar to those pictured in this collection.

Does that mean that I think he was the first with that look? No of course not and it may have not been the most accurate way to describe this collection. I will use different means to describe what I feel when it comes to different collections in the future, ok cool?

@ Merz

YES YES that was exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

• trentk
                      • Oct 2010

don't know about reznor's style... but he has quite the awesome first name
                      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• aphex27
                        • Jan 2009

Gentlemen, I just received my black cowl-neck and let me tell you, it's the most amazing leather jacket I've ever seen or handled.

There are a million different ways to form the collar due to the hidden wire (the worst of which is fully closed, like the gentleman in the above picture)...
                        Even zipping it a few centimetres up or down creates a totally different effect due to the inner leather panel which is exposed.

Seriously, no two times will the collar be exactly the same...
                        It really looks like a piece of leather sculpture...

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

awesome!! Does it look like the runway pics and the one above or the ID heart ones where it's super wrinkled and the horizontal lines scream out "I was cut here". Love the runway, hate the id heart and every japanese retailer's pics.... can we see some fit pics in the waywt?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Shut the fuck up. You are so fucking annoying. All you do is post in two threads. Where2kop at its worst.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

so if I reply will I get banned again? Should I pretend I like poeple dressed as Van Gogh? is there a minimum thread? or can I participate when I feel like it. I seriously doubt you need input from everyone about everything. I understand this is your board but I really doubt this is the tone that you want people to speak to you at. If my commentary is inappropriate say so and I will happily apologize, it was a joke anyways. we are allowed to kid??
                              Last edited by upsilonkng; 12-31-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Should I pretend I like poeple dressed as Van Gogh?
                                please link me to a place where people are dressed like VG
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎