Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Lowery, all of the jackets I tried on were size 2's. Didn't see any 3's.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

hmm ok. I'm surprised I was able to almost fit the the high collar properly. it did seem a bit more generous than the moto.

I remember trying on Julius leathers for the first time in 07-08, back then a size 3 was super fitted for me, much like the size 2 this season.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

I could barely zip the ram leather jut necks in size, which were the first Julius leathers I ever tried on when A first started carrying them.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

The asymmetrical cowl neck and high collar look awfully similiar.

The beauty, to me, with the high collar/cowl neck-type leather jackets (for eg even Rick's high collar) are the natural drapes and folds of the collar when worn...how it flows along with the movements of the wearer, or even to external conditions like wind/breezes. The presence of an underwire freezes and stems these flows, rendering the whole fit rather static. Of course that'll be perfect if you're having your picture taken. But otherwise in real life, when you're moving about and such, I'd probably find the whole underwire business annoying. Imho.

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

i've never seen a rick leather blowin' in the breeze.

Comment

• Nostromo
              • Jan 2010

Maybe a stupid question, but can anyone who's interested visit the showroom or is it only for buyers?

And before I forget, is there any title for the collection?

Comment

• seenmy
                • May 2009

Im surprised by the fit if showroom samples were a 2,I didnt look in the pieces i tried on but assumed they were size 4, as everything fit me with ease and I could easily have squeezed in a size below even on arm length,

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

showrooms are open for buyers/press/other acquaintances

edit: collection is titled Chaos; Ontological Anarchism, after Hakim Bey
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

can someone break down the pants as they broke down the leather jackets? is the black shiny pants the stretch denim w/ the twist? or is it something different?
                    also I'd like to second the notion of "what is the name of this collection?" and also when can we expect to see some of this instore or online?
                    anyone have pics for new Odyn Vovk?

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                      The asymmetrical cowl neck and high collar look awfully similiar.

The beauty, to me, with the high collar/cowl neck-type leather jackets (for eg even Rick's high collar) are the natural drapes and folds of the collar when worn...how it flows along with the movements of the wearer, or even to external conditions like wind/breezes. The presence of an underwire freezes and stems these flows, rendering the whole fit rather static. Of course that'll be perfect if you're having your picture taken. But otherwise in real life, when you're moving about and such, I'd probably find the whole underwire business annoying. Imho.
                      I'm reserving judgment until I at least have a chance to try on the FW10 leather jackets with underwire collars. ;) no doubt its a clever idea, still yet to be seen whether its good for everyday wear however as mentioned in the scoute interview they test samples before items are produced which I think every designer would benefit from (I'm looking at you in particular Carol):
                      We also make sample after sample and every member of staff gets to test out any item for practicality, durability and ease of use. If they do not like it, it does not get produced.
                      Mike N did you try the moto on by any chance? still hoping beyond hope that it'll be slimmer than the SS10 iteration that you own in grey. Y imo the asymm high collar is quite a different cut to the cowl neck... upsilonkng the collection is titled Chaos; Ontological Anarchism.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

oh, like Mike said, I'm also unsure if the assymetrical cowl and assymetrical high neck are different jackets or the same one worn differently? I'm afraid I played around with so many jackets that I lost count on how many cuts there are.

edit: regarding the moto, sorry I thought you meant me

Comment

• Nostromo
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dji View Post
                          ... the collection is titled Chaos; Ontological Anarchism.
                          LOL, I was hoping for something like this.

Comment

• neonrider
                            • Jan 2008

fantastic. loving the cuts, colors, and evolution. it's interesting to see horikawa building on his strengths, and (maybe) addressing his weaknesses with this collection.

a little more restrained, and balanced. what's soft is softer, and what's hard is perhaps "harder" than ever. just my opinion, on an incomplete viewing.

thanks for posting, guys. appreciated.
                            ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• muffin_baker
                              • Dec 2009

Just happened to come across a bunch of pictures from the showroom at centrale-frankfurt.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

DJI, did not try the moto as it was on the rack that was the unisex collection that Julius will be launching next season, so I automatically assumed that I won't fit in it. The leather was very very light - great for summer. I loved it, of course.

I tried on some leathers and was able to barely zip them up, so they fit tighter than the SS10 moto (which is still my all time fave)
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎