Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Cheers E, good to hear they're finally making some true spring/summer weight leather jackets for this collection.

Comment

• Nostromo
      • Jan 2010

These are some great news Faust. I was almost afraid that they start to adjust their sizing to the western market ... and the unisex collection you're talking about sounds really interesting. This is completely new to me. Do you have any further information?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
        I'm reserving judgment until I at least have a chance to try on the FW10 leather jackets with underwire collars. ;) no doubt its a clever idea, still yet to be seen whether its good for everyday wear however as mentioned in the scoute interview they test samples before items are produced which I think every designer would benefit from (I'm looking at you in particular Carol):
        D, fair enough. I just recall ever trying on something with an underwire collar ages ago, either a shirt or jacket of sorts, and took nothing positive out of it, thus my negativity. I might end up eating my own words, who knows

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        DJI, did not try the moto as it was on the rack that was the unisex collection that Julius will be launching next season, so I automatically assumed that I won't fit in it. The leather was very very light - great for summer. I loved it, of course.

I tried on some leathers and was able to barely zip them up, so they fit tighter than the SS10 moto (which is still my all time fave)
        Thanks for the info E. Really glad to know

Comment

• croatoan
          • Jul 2007

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

whats with the black julius tag stitched onto the outside of the vest? ugh.

"hey everyone look im wearing julius!!!!"

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                  whats with the black julius tag stitched onto the outside of the vest? ugh.

"hey everyone look im wearing julius!!!!"
                  they've been worn inside out. ;)

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

It's obviously being worn inside out.

edit: beaten

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
                      they've been worn inside out. ;)
                      Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                      It's obviously being worn inside out.

edit: beaten

but wearing them inside out still looks kinda out of place though. tag is distracting.

Comment

• deleuze
                        • Jul 2007

I think the title of this collection perfectly summarizes Julius' lack of refinement and juvenile impulses. Using an overtly political text to describe a collection whose only rebellious characteristics are obviously superficial is something I would expect from a high street store. The text isn't even that good.

Comment

• Nostromo
                          • Jan 2010

Well I guess we shouldn't overrate the titles of _7 collections. I mean sure it sounds quite ridiculous, but only remember the infamous engrish manifesto.
                          It's also somewhat annoying that every season people expect some sort of revolution and reinvention, but I think Christian already adressed this topic on the first pages.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
                            I think the title of this collection perfectly summarizes Julius' lack of refinement and juvenile impulses. Using an overtly political text to describe a collection whose only rebellious characteristics are obviously superficial is something I would expect from a high street store. The text isn't even that good.
                            do you find the actual clothing to lack refinement? if not, I'd just let the designer play around with these quirky references as they don't really have that much to do with the end product.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• doldrums
                              • Dec 2008

agreed. i think the problem (I've had) with julius is that taking the brand seriously beyond the actual garments themselves leads to (insert facepalm emoticon).

if the clothes were not entrenched with the sense of gravity they are (and which are connected via barbed wire to imaginary juvenile fantacies), it would be easier for me to objectively assess and appreciate. we can't be the only ones...ideas and concepts have economy here, no?

deleuze - just moved to a new place and dusted off a copy of mille plateau for the bookshelf...sort of a coincidence...kind of.
                              Last edited by doldrums; 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

I always assumed that this was what the attraction was , play out your juvenile fantasies , over the top !

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎