Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

Blasphemy! Damn, Faust. I wasn't expected an overly enthusiastic response from you. But I certainly wasn't expecting this either.

Boris' choice of fabrics is normally a small variety. But the treatments are vast. So really...nothing worth buying? If there were, say 2 pieces you thought really stood out, what are they?

Comment

• Monty76
      • Sep 2006

This is a great collection. My only issue with it is that, aside from a couple of looks, it is not at all Spring/Summer. I think this is where Doma suceeded in creating a light and airy "real" spring/summer collection.

Nevertheless the textures are great and I feel the styling is spot on in most of the looks - an excellent example of how to layer properly.

Comment

• BBSCCP
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
        This is a great collection. My only issue with it is that, aside from a couple of looks, it is not at all Spring/Summer. I think this is where Doma suceeded in creating a light and airy "real" spring/summer collection.

Nevertheless the textures are great and I feel the styling is spot on in most of the looks - an excellent example of how to layer properly.
        I have to disagree in 1 point! This collection is very "summer" to me, especially compared to his AW collections. boris is not about creating a light and airy style. Even his S/S collections keep his rough touch.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
          Blasphemy! Damn, Faust. I wasn't expected an overly enthusiastic response from you. But I certainly wasn't expecting this either.

Boris' choice of fabrics is normally a small variety. But the treatments are vast. So really...nothing worth buying? If there were, say 2 pieces you thought really stood out, what are they?
          I don't know - I had no time to go to the showroom. Like I said above, I am sure there will be great garments to buy, but as a SHOW (i.e. an expression of esthetic voice) this leaves me cold.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

I've been wondering about Boris' boots lately. Particularly who makes them. Anyone own them? Made in Spain? What types of leather was used?
            Simone likely created some of them early on, and of course Boris was using Augusta models in previous shows. But I find it hard to believe that they/he can produce these as well as their own line. The boots in this collection are the first I've actually found wearable. I don't like the pockets created from the leather flaps in previous seasons.

Even with more and more images from Paris surfacing, I find this collection the most impressive and cohesive. It's a great blend of aesthetics that I admire and wear. Really love the slim cuffed jeans/pants.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I believe the boots from the past couple of collections have been made in house
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stereophobic
                • Aug 2009

thanks for sharing with us your thoughts on the ham-hock blazer ledger, I enjoyed reading that.

the description of the creases/stress points of the leather turning from translucent yellow to a more opaque white reminds me of certain plastics and does give a more solid impression of what it would feel like as well as how it would age. I actually begin to wonder if he'll ever offer the material in a dark color, perhaps FW11.
                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Thanks for the insight, Ledger. Of course it's not the typical SS collection. I don't find it to be typical to FW either. Which is why it's such a stand out.

Interesting to hear about the transparent leather. All I'm reminded of is the pigs ears they sell as dog chew treats. And putting the lotion in the basket. Are they actually offering the jacket for order? Very impressive from a conception stand-point. But that fucker is ugly.

Comment

• USERNAME
                    • Apr 2010

Anyone know how can i post the pic?

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      as a SHOW (i.e. an expression of esthetic voice) this leaves me cold.
                      I know this label has been thrown about before, but I really do get an "urban wanderer" feeling from this collection, and from Saberi's work in general. Looking at the fabric treatments and fraying edges of the pieces, I feel like this is what drifters in the Old West would wear if they lived in the city.

Now that they've both been around for a few seasons and have distinct aesthetic signatures, I doubt many people would confuse BBS with Damir Doma.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ Yes, at least the rip-off accusations may stop now.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikevigar
                          • Jan 2010

I like seeing the grey again - I've struggled with mostly black in the AW10 boris collection, especially like those triple layered shorts.

I hate the fact that I live in Cardiff though and the only place I can really go to see his stuff up close is Vertice in London. Pictures give you about 10% of the story with his stuff and then it all comes down to how good the store is at shooting it on models...

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Pollyanna also picked up Saberi, its not closer to you than London, but another UK stockist anyway. plus Oki-ni, but thats of course online only.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• neonrider
                              • Jan 2008

i agree with faust on this one. it feels a little compromised, and a little less uncompromising (which was what i liked about saberi to begin with). i'm not sure why, but it lacks the soul and edge of his work for me, as if some of the passion was missing. the greys just strike me as tepid, a bit fashion-focused, and lacklustre. as do the textures and fits, which are less subversive than i remember. it's as if, for some reason, the vision has been diluted.

perhaps it's just my poor eye, so fwiw. i'm sure it will be nice to handle and wear.
                              ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• Mikevigar
                                • Jan 2010

Thanks Lowrey, Darklands always seems to pick up the best Boris stuff but I never go to Germany unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎