Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

Yeah.. he could probably solidify the suit if he wanted to. But it's close to being a good cut, which leads me to believe otherwise. And it's rarely from the front that it looks odd. But moreso from the back. The front has problems of it's own (pockets and tiny lapel).
    I've got my first pair of Borish pants in the mail. Used though. I'm excited to check them out. I've got shorts as well. I like the he plays around with treatments a lot.

Comment

• CUTUP
      • Sep 2009

^What pants did you get out of curiousity?

I have been following his work for the last few years, but it seems lately I have been obsessed. I just missed out on a pair of his suit pants from H.Lorenzo, but I own the crushed/oiled jeans, and the j shape reverse corderouy.

I am still searching for a pair of his wool pants. I know Darklands carries them, but I am hoping to find them for less then retail if possible

Between him and Yohan Serfaty my bank account has taken a beating
      Originally posted by marco-von
      this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

I picked up some waxed jeans. They'll likely be too big though. I've got some waxed linen double layer shorts as well.
        I'm also a big support of the blade. Really need to find someone stocking those cold-dyed cropped jeans. Would love to see them in person. And some of his boots. He's got an interesting take on footwear. Pretty unconventional shapes.

Comment

• Mikevigar
          • Jan 2010

/\ His pants look great in every collection, I just haven't had a chance to properly try a pair as there isn't much Boris stocked in the UK and where they do stock it that I've been they mostly have outerwear/basics.

The treatments always look great, particulary the oil crushed jeans (not the waxy ones) on darklands. Like you cutup my issue is affordability at retail - just can't do it unless i've tried them in person.

I have one pair of double layer jersey cotton pants from fw09 I tihnk, they're great. FW10 was really strong for pants but what I'm looking forward to from SS11 is the shorts, I like the colour contrasts a lot and the materials look a bit more wearable/pleasing to the eye (struggled big time with the waxed linen shorts myself)

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

With you on this Mike. The triple layer shorts look great. With layered items, the question fo me always is, could you assemble basics and achieve the same effect yourself? and I don't think you can here. BBS magic is to make gnarly tough looking shiiiit.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• CUTUP
              • Sep 2009

I think the strength in his pants is that he has them look fitted and slim, but still has give around the thighs to maintain that bit of rugged street aesthetic he seems to aim for. The cutting strikes a perfect balance of casual and formal

I have never liked the look of super slim pants on me, as my legs are big from the gym.

But the extra room he gives in the thighs is a perfect fit. Im not sure if there are any others here with the big legs problem ( Kunk exempted) but these are a great choice for being fitted without looking tight

Comment

• Mikevigar
                • Jan 2010

/\ Nail on the head. I have a serious problem thigh wise from playing hockey for years and years, so I'm usually screwed. Boris gives decent room in the thigh - which isn't always ideal because it can leave room in the waist, but he definitely gives that slimmer look for the legs without going overboard because I have always felt uncomfortable in super skinny legged jeans/trousers.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Field hockey ain't hockey.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikevigar
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Field hockey ain't hockey.
                    I know man, I play inline and ice

Comment

• kuriz
                      • Nov 2010

I know you've posted your question long time ago but I can tell you that the original song is: Buraka Som Sistema - New Africas part 2.
                      Someone have been mixing it down to those intense 2 minutes but I haven't been able to dig out if its an official or unofficial mix from anyone. But thats the name of the song atleast :)

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                      any idea what song and artist it is? it's pretty awesome.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

Boris rules...tried on a couple of pieces of the new season For the shooting and I have to say that against all odds he is still my favorite designer...the grey colour is stunning and makes me think to get away from my all black look...
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Mikevigar
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                          Boris rules...tried on a couple of pieces of the new season For the shooting and I have to say that against all odds he is still my favorite designer...the grey colour is stunning and makes me think to get away from my all black look...
                          Good to hear, only a day until I'm in Berlin and get to see it all! In your waywts you're often wearing BBS pants, tell me, which pants do you have?

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

I got a couple, but they ain't got names;) waxed, non waxed, and so forth. I only have BBS pants or ccp pants...
                            haven't tryed on the new ones though since they are not here yet...
                            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Mikevigar
                              • Jan 2010

I got a couple, but they ain't got names;) waxed, non waxed, and so forth. I only have BBS pants or ccp pants...
                              I just got a pair of the waxed jeans from darklands, finally some trousers that are shaped to suit me! Hard as hell to thread the buttons given the treatment of the material.

The place is absolutely filled with Boris, tried on so many of the coats from FW09, it was heavenly!

Comment

• CUTUP
                                • Sep 2009

Everytime I see your perforated BBS pants in the old fit pics it kills me, they are on my hit list

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎