• Show
Clear All
  • alex.a
    • Aug 2008

found this cool video of the collection

Comment

• Pumpfish
      • Sep 2010

Superb video, thanks Alex. -this breathes life into quite a challenging collection.
      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Zzyzx
        Banned
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
        Thanks Lowrey, Darklands always seems to pick up the best Boris stuff but I never go to Germany unfortunately
        Can always mail order with campbell tho.

Vertice only carrys few bbs and they sold out fast.

Comment

• Marko
          • Jul 2009

I agree with everyone who has said this was not presented, as a show, very well. It is a shame because there really are some great pieces here, I love the grays and whites. Even though it has already been done, I find the transparent leather pieces to be very interesting. This collection seems to be more cohesive than some of his past ones.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

Originally posted by JoniF
            I have never heard dubstep played in this context before, which is wonderful. The video is also wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
            any idea what song and artist it is? it's pretty awesome.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Same track used in the show, but not sure who it is. Really great video and thanks for posting.

Can't agree with anyone doubting this collection or it's presentation. Though the setting was a bit dissconnected from the collection. I love the greys and cold-dyed pieces. And there were several looks that were classic-Boris (if such a thing exists). If he put out an entire collection of black looks people would be complaining about that.

He's young. He's growing. And I like his vision and blend of inspirations. Best SS collection of 11.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Marko View Post
                I agree with everyone who has said this was not presented, as a show, very well.
                can you elaborate on this?

I though the presentation was great. the setting and atmosphere were awesome, the music was good and fitting... I personally liked the clothing a lot, but even if just looking at it as a show, it was very good imo.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Pumpfish
                  • Sep 2010

My guess on the music is Trentmoller.

Anybody got detail shots of this collection. I'm discovering what makes BBS special is often in lines and cuts not always obvious from front on shots.

Comment

• kollaps
                    • Jul 2009

Don't think it's trentemoller.
                    The music used for the boris show is a mix compiled of lorn's grandfather, the glitchmob's fortune days and some other things i fail to recognize...
                    Wish i could get my hands on the mix!

Comment

• polishmike
                      • Jan 2007

I got Lorn too, at the end there is Buraka Som Sistema but I have to dig out the track name.

Comment

• Amir
                        • May 2010

The music is Lorn (remixed with other samples/tunes).
                        I know this from Mumi, Boris' colleague & PR

Comment

• Amir
                          • May 2010

I might be able to get my hands on the mix, but I'm not sure whether uploading it for public would be the right thing to do..

Comment

• Pumpfish
                            • Sep 2010

Thanks for pointing me towards Lorn.

Got the look sorted, thanks BBS. Soundtrack sorted. What's for the scent?

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

it was an old garage so the smell was a bit musky with a bit of oil/gasoline fumes
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• repp_fink
                                • Sep 2010

Generally speaking, I'm down with this collection. It's evolutionary, not revolutionary, and it's a solid step that needed to be taken. A few thoughts from a low-post-count-er:

* The colors BBS used in the lighter-hued wraps are reminiscent of the neutral-colored mens' djellabas they wear in Morocco, though the construction and layering is more like the gear you see the Tuareg wearing. Good reference both ways.

* I'd like to have seen the translucent leather used for its strengths as _structure_. As a leather, its potential for real stiffness is the only quality that differentiates it at a glance from latex or (worse) plastic. We know that BBS can do this -- remember the huge stiffened leather wrap from FW 2010. It starts to come together with the blazer jacket in the last look posted, but it's still not quite there.

* BBS exercised restraint in not using ombre' dyeing absolutely everywhere, but it was still a bit much-ish. Super limited use of the contrast seaming, which is good but it's not nearly as played out as the ombre' has been lately.

* I'd really like a better look at the trousers on the look just after the model in dreads. There's something interesting going on, but I have a tough time making it out from the image and it's not shown well in any of the videos.

* The long-sleeved web top is great. I don't remember if he's done anything similar in the past, but if he can integrate that as a design element into his other collections, he's got another good weapon in his arsenal.

* The hooded jacket on look 2 is a nice bridge between this collection and his F/W.

* Now that I think about it, I'm not sure where spring went. This is hot-weather-blazing-sun stuff for fashion Bedouins, for the most part. Hm. Maybe the leather jackets.

* The footwear is looking better and better. He knows his audience. Yes, I'm looking at you.

* Agree with earlier posters on silly wrestling / bondage masks.

* Model with dreads = Battlefield Earth.
                                Last edited by repp_fink; 10-01-2010, 10:08 PM. Reason: clarify leather / latex differentiation. vanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎