X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikevigar
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zzyzx View Post
    Can always mail order with campbell tho.

Vertice only carrys few bbs and they sold out fast.
    Yeh I've had a few things mail ordered from Darklands, just means I never get to handle all the outerwear that looks great but I can't really afford. I have booked to go to Berlin in January so I'm looking forward to seeing the Boris collection up close there.

I was at Vertice last week, the cooked wool wrap sold out so quickly there, but I did manage to get something through mail order from them a month or so ago so I'll wait and see what they buy from this collection!

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

ugh, i want this..

Comment

• move_ment
        • Feb 2009

^yep, after seeing the black AW version, I wanted instantly.

Comment

• Ivans On High
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

I think this is a great jacket:

For me it holds the same impact as a blazer, in that it has formal qualities. But the pattern cutting (which can be seen better from the back image), slit pockets and neck strap add a whole other level of interest.

I also find it interesting that the two iterations of this jacket on the runway have half-sleeves. Does anyone know if the half-sleeve version is available to buy, or was it just part of the runway styling?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
            Yeh I've had a few things mail ordered from Darklands, just means I never get to handle all the outerwear that looks great but I can't really afford. I have booked to go to Berlin in January so I'm looking forward to seeing the Boris collection up close there.

I was at Vertice last week, the cooked wool wrap sold out so quickly there, but I did manage to get something through mail order from them a month or so ago so I'll wait and see what they buy from this collection!
            I would say try HOSTEM, as they often have a nice BBS buy.
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• modern77
              • Oct 2006

I agree about the above posted blazer. Perfect in between formal/casual. The fit on some of his blazers are a bit odd though. Hopefully this one is better.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                I would say try HOSTEM, as they often have a nice BBS buy.
                Yes I need to get over there when I head to London next, its just not hugely convenient to get to/doesn't fit with my plans whenever I'm there. I'll try and get there in early Feb as I'm definitely going to London to see Becks playing for Spurs.

In terms of the collection, I've seen the previews from the archive and Darklands and I can't see the triple layered shorts from the 7th picture on page 1 in their pics. Did anyone see these in the showroom? I'm hoping they're easy to track down when stores start receiving Boris but wondered if anyone had seen them in the flesh already/tried them/handled them?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Hostem is a must. A very unconventional decor - loved it.

I am sorry, but this blazer is wack. I don't know where to begin - the horrific vent, the string sticking out the back, the sleeves that don't line up with the shoulders. It's an experiment gone bad.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CUTUP
                    • Sep 2009

^ While I admit it may not "suit" everyones taste, I love it

I find the same unconventional details a draw for me as opposed to a negative. Especially when the jacket is combined with the matching pants, it flows perfectly IMO
                    Originally posted by marco-von
                    this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                      • Jan 2010

I don't feel like the blazer fits with what you see through most of his collections, I like the persian influence and you can see it running through a lot of the looks, but I think the blazer is a bit out of place. Similarly the transparent leather seems a bit out of place to me but thats being experimental with a material which has its own benefits in a collection.

I've read a few comments in the forum likening designers to each other (especially new ones to more established - first page of the In Aisce thread for instance) and whilst silhouettes and styles may look similar playing around with materials can keep it all pretty distinct and exciting.

Comment

• modern77
                        • Oct 2006

I assume that this is the same blazer.

I think it fits perfectly with his aesthetic. It's a more rugged iteration of a blazer, and works well in conjunction with other garments from the collection.

I agree with Faust with respect to the sleeves, as it creates a slightly awkward shoulder silhouette. I, however, think the other details make the blazer distinctly his, which is something I can appreciate.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                          • Jan 2010

/\ Looking at the pictures it feels like the details that make it distinctly his are the connected buttons which feature on most of his outerwear and the leather strings - but then those details could be worked into pretty much anything, and I'm struggling to see how it fits beyond those details.

Perhaps it doesn't feel rugged enough for me (though I can see its more rugged than your normal blazer), and maybe thats just my view that more formal pieces like blazers will always find it tough to fit with Boris' aesthetic.

Comment

• diamonds
                            • Dec 2006

i think thats the first bbs piece ive liked... looks awesome to me

the string coming out the back i dont like... kind of implies that the wearer is a talking doll

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

Nice little presentation featured on scoute.

In regards the above mentioned blazer.. fail. I love and support his work, but as a tailor he's got a lot to learn. The dense fabrics seem to create odd and awkward folds and layers. And I don't find them intentional. Why are his shoulders always so..off? And why didn't anyone pick up the cropped / cuffed jeans? Want em.

Comment

• CUTUP
                                • Sep 2009

Fair enough Peasant, I can see how some of those details may bother many, as they fly in the face of convention.

Im not sure he needs to learn more about tailoring, so much as I feel as though this is just his take on a suit. ie a more rugged street based take as opposed to the sharper tailoring of Cloak's take on suiting for example

I could be wrong though..

The cropped cuffed jeans are fantastic I agree. The man does incredible things with pants and fabric treatments. If you have ever handled his crushed/oiled jeans, you can really appreciate the effort put into his fabric treatments. And the cotton/linen blend is a real light alternative to denim

The only thing that bothers me is that I feel as though they would rip easily. Mind you that could be because of the linen blend making the fabric feel overly light
                                Originally posted by marco-von
                                this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎