Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

I bought the new safari in lamb this season, because ive been liking the style since s/s 2011, but disliked the back in the season before.

I've been only wearing it for a couple of hours today and the sleeve, at the elbow stretched out already. when my arm is against my body you can really notice it bulging a little bit at my elbow.

Sorry to ask, but is this normal? It's my first RO jacket, so I have no idea if this is normal.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      I bought the new safari in lamb this season, because ive been liking the style since s/s 2011, but disliked the back in the season before.

I've been only wearing it for a couple of hours today and the sleeve, at the elbow stretched out already. when my arm is against my body you can really notice it bulging a little bit at my elbow.

Sorry to ask, but is this normal? It's my first RO jacket, so I have no idea if this is normal.
      My lamb skin one stretched a ton buy its the blistered one and is maybe intended to be a bit drapey. Wish I would have gotten a small, ill probably sell it; however the oiled calf skin one is rigid as Hell and finally after about 10 wears has stretched to fit like a second skin.... No elbow problems like you describe. I'd say sell the lamb and pick up a calf. Mine are both ss11 if that helps. I def prefer the safari with the shoulder flaps....
      -v_o_t
      sale items

Comment

• beyondthemeans
        • Sep 2008

thanks for the reply. yeah i didn't like this style so much in calf, i thought the leather was too substantial.
        i bought a size smaller, because i was already aware of the stretching. i'll wear it for a few days and if it doesnt get better i'll sell it indeed.
        cheers!

the darklands model seems to have the same issue:

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

he was good in lil' miss sunshine and there will be blood

Comment

• voice_on_tape
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
            thanks for the reply. yeah i didn't like this style so much in calf, i thought the leather was too substantial.
            i bought a size smaller, because i was already aware of the stretching. i'll wear it for a few days and if it doesnt get better i'll sell it indeed.
            cheers!
            its pretty much the same trouble i have with some of my jeans in the knees. Id say maybe work your forarms lol. or never bend your arms in the jacket. one of those things may be easier for you than the other lol in all honesty though once you wear the calf in for a bit, it becomes pretty soft and feels a lot less rigid. def a bigger fan of calf, esp the the non shiny version. i picked up the ss11 intarsia today in the matte calf, its pretty dope! what size did you buy out of curiosity?

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            he was good in lil' miss sunshine and there will be blood
            youre right!
            -v_o_t
            sale items

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
              its pretty much the same trouble i have with some of my jeans in the knees. Id say maybe work your forarms lol. or never bend your arms in the jacket. one of those things may be easier for you than the other lol in all honesty though once you wear the calf in for a bit, it becomes pretty soft and feels a lot less rigid. def a bigger fan of calf, esp the the non shiny version. i picked up the ss11 intarsia today in the matte calf, its pretty dope! what size did you buy out of curiosity?

youre right!
              Bought a 52. My upper arms are quite big from working out, that might have to do with it.

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

for the boots with the front zipper...have people been sizing up in order for them to be able to zip all the way up? I didn't get a chance to see if that would work. Cuz It fit me TTS but I couldn't zip it up, and loved it that way and didn't feel like wrangling with the heavy zipper.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                  for the boots with the front zipper...have people been sizing up in order for them to be able to zip all the way up? I didn't get a chance to see if that would work. Cuz It fit me TTS but I couldn't zip it up, and loved it that way and didn't feel like wrangling with the heavy zipper.
                  i'm pretty sure that they are only intended to zip half way if at all... and getting it half way is a challenge in and of itself.
                  -v_o_t
                  sale items

Comment

• Lane
                    • Aug 2010

oh, based upon pictures I saw on INK, I thought they also could be worn zipped all the way up, that way you can vary the silhouette.

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

zipped all the way up makes them look like Uggs
                      Grailed link

Comment

• Soul Pill
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                        That's what I thought when I first got these. But after a couple of tussles with the zip I can wear it both ways now - it loosens up quite quickly. It looks good zipped up under cropped trousers, not unlike the side zips (with the addition of those ribs at the back...) not like uggs imo.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

So, the real hidden gem of the collection is that Rick has finally heard my whining and made side zip boots with the leather sole instead of crepe. I WANT!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

They are regular sole with a small heel, pretty ordinary. Which is just the way I like them. Indeed would be very easy to take to a cobbler.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Soul Pill View Post
                              That's what I thought when I first got these. But after a couple of tussles with the zip I can wear it both ways now - it loosens up quite quickly. It looks good zipped up under cropped trousers, not unlike the side zips (with the addition of those ribs at the back...) not like uggs imo.
                              after handling them in person, i dont know how you zipped them up, i felt like i would break the zipper if i forced it all the way up, plus the shaft part of the boot looked so tiny that i didnt think it was intended to be zipped. i think it looks way better half zipped though. you must have very think ankle and lower calves lol
                              -v_o_t
                              sale items

Comment

• Soul Pill
                                • Feb 2011

You've just got to pull the zip up.... I don't know how else to explain it.... The zipper is very sturdy. It was a bit tight the first couple of times (my calf had a small bruise the first time I wore them) but they soon soften up - i think i've worn them about 10 times now and they are very comfy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎