Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stadsvandringar
    • Aug 2008

Yeah, pricing is never a good thing when you're talking about yohji and retail, especially outside of japan. Just a note about the inner strapping: I picked up a blazer with the inner strap and absolutely love it. It's not the first time yohji has used this, although the older iterations seem to come up pretty rarely on the resale market. Still, it's a great idea and a nice subtle touch to many of this season's blazers and coats.

Ivwri, I think I'm probably not alone in saying that you should post your pics. It's quite relevant to the thread and people can see how they actually look. Or at the very least give us a link to your tumblr..

Comment

• Ivwri
      • Jun 2011

Yohji Store Fit Pics

Okay, I uploaded everything to an imgur album for your perusal. Not that many pics, but should at least show how they fit.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like ivwri.
      Tumblr

Comment

• chameleon
        • Jun 2008

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life with a massively informatative post, Ivwri! The pics are great too, I really like the way the blazers fit you. The patchwork silk velvet looks beautiful, I really hope I can try one on in person, they're just way too expensive atm. I have a similar experience as corsair sanglot and I hope I can see some of this for myself before it's taken off the shelves. So much of it looks beautiful in pictures.

Yeah, the strap detail he used several times before, seen in many iterations on the aw01 runway and I'm sure he did it several times in the 90s as well. I have a blazer from aw98 with the same detail.

Comment

• Ivwri
          • Jun 2011

Glad the post was useful guys. If I lived in Paris I would probably have spent all my money on this collection

Yohji's clothes have really been a revelation to me and it seems weird to say that about clothes, but it is what it is . Thanks for the compliments too!

I had sent an email to Maxfields in LA about their buy for this season and the monkey boots were part of that. Was seriously thinking about getting them but wasn't sure how they would be quality and fit wise so good to hear that you have them wire. Might still consider getting a pair if they haven't sold out already.
          Tumblr

Comment

• xeraphim
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Ivwri View Post
            The velvet blazer was almost 3000 euros!
            that's insane; the same blazer is going for a bit under 2000euros at a local yohji stockist where i live.

re: shirt/jacket hybrid, it does indeed exist in two different lengths as well.

Comment

• xeraphim
              • Nov 2008

tried on both in the wool gabardine fabric, i'd probably go with the shorter version (the same one in Ivwri's photo); the longer, knee-length version felt like it would've benefited more with a slightly heavier fabric.

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

some editorial pics from GQ China featuring Yohji

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

horrible.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aussy
                    • Jul 2011

'steezy', no?

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks for the informative post and pictures, Ivwri. Good to see some fresh blood in the YY gang 'round these parts :-) Speaking of which, who started this..
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• aussy
                        • Jul 2011

Wow, great resource. Hopefully they keep it up Always refreshing to see real people successfully wearing Yohji.

Comment

• Ivwri
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                          Thanks for the informative post and pictures, Ivwri. Good to see some fresh blood in the YY gang 'round these parts :-) Speaking of which, who started this..
                          Thanks for the welcome!

That tumblr is really cool, found out about it only recently as well.

Decided to pay for the shirt/jacket hybrid in the end. Hopefully should get it next week . Looks like I ended up picking up a lot of pieces from this collection all things considered. Thought I would have nothing to buy since I live in the tropics, but so many of the pieces are surprisingly light.
                          Tumblr

Comment

• elephantstone
                            • Jan 2011

That is an amazing site........

I'm really digging Yohji's recent collections, was worried about his desire to stay on top of the game given the bankruptcy thing. Turns out he's doing better and better. Really want to kop all those coats, if only retail price here in the US is not that ridiculous.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                              Our own Buckwheat in the top row, no less!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Staton Viguier
                                • Jan 2008

Can anyone shed some light on the sizing for this collection? I'm interested in a few jackets/coats, many of which i've been told are only being offered in sizes 1, 3 and 5. This seems a little unsusual. My 'normal' size being 2, I'm wondering if 1 will be suitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎