X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesd
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Staton Viguier View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on the sizing for this collection? I'm interested in a few jackets/coats, many of which i've been told are only being offered in sizes 1, 3 and 5. This seems a little unsusual. My 'normal' size being 2, I'm wondering if 1 will be suitable.
    For the coat in look 4, which doesn't come in a 2, I was quoted these measurements for a 3:
    Shoulder - 46 cm
    Chest - 53 cm

So, I would definitely go up to the 3, at least for this style -- I'm not sure about the others. LN-CC has measurements for another coat style.

Comment

• chameleon
      • Jun 2008

I'm really confused about this 1-3-5 sizing business. I can't really wrap my head around why they would make this move. Is this only for western stores, perhaps? Can anyone who's seen the collection in Japan confirm the 2-3-4 sizing still is sold over there?

Comment

• stadsvandringar
        • Aug 2008

From my experience, at least for this season and depending on the individual piece, sizing in Japan is available in 2 and 4 also. Some stuff still has only size 3 available, not everything has size 1 or 5, etc.

As for normal sizing, I would agree that a 3 is the way to go if you are usually a 2 in yohji. I'm normally a 2 also, but his recent seasons have been cut a bit slimmer (at least for yohji) and a 3 has been working well. In some cases with the more recent collections a 2 has even been more "fitted" than I would like from yohji. In my experience the size 1 fits like an actual men's small.

I think the intention here is to get you to go to the shop, try on the piece in multiple sizes and determine the level of drape you are comfortable with. It seems typical of yohji to cut different items in drastically different ways. Some things may be cut loose and you would need a 2, while others are cut much tighter and a 4 works best. I think it all depends on the kind of silhouette you are going for. Now you at least have the option of being less than totally baggy, which probably makes sense with the demise of the tighter-cut Y's line and his more general financial restructuring.

Comment

• jamesd
          • Sep 2008

I got my information from the Japanese flagship. I think some coats are only available in size 3, which he's done before. But for the shirts, at least, the full size run is available, so I'm not sure anything is really different this season.

Comment

• xeraphim
            • Nov 2008

Based on what I remember - the 1-3-5 sizing is only limited to outerwear (jackets, coats), other apparels still follow the usual full size run.

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

YYPH also has shirts available in size 1 & 2. From my very limited experience in handling & trying on YYPH in Tokyo and locally, a size 1 blazer fits me perfectly on the shoulders. The size 1 shirt also fit nicely.

I'm normally a 48 shoulder and 46 body. Maybe I'm not wearing it oversized as it was meant to be but I felt comfortable with the size.
              Originally posted by eat me
              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎