Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

I'm a big fan of this collection, although I think this is because I like Rick's work as whole. I'm not sure if people who are not aware of his references would enjoy this for what it is as much.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• lost53
      • Dec 2010

The man is looking ahead as always.
      The Silhouette's and the proportions are perfect, holding ones attention in all the right places.
      I really like the few splashes of colour, and am very intrigued by some of the shoes, looks like there is something very interesting happening above the ankle.

Hair is ok, but really not a fan of the "big red lips", especially on the more simple white pieces it really takes the attention away from the garment's.

The presentation is really quite something, how it goes from minimalist, and builds up makes for a very interesting, beautiful and original collection.

Comment

• lost53
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
        I'm a big fan of this collection, although I think this is because I like Rick's work as whole. I'm not sure if people who are not aware of his references would enjoy this for what it is as much.
        Mr Kard, and in your opinion what would the references be?

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I'd have to list almost every single look to explain this - necklines, draping shapes, silhouettes... Like this top which imo is inspired by the zipper placement on some Lilies alpaca coats.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• genevieveryoko
            • Sep 2009

this is excellent, a much more wearable rick for me. i've loved his designs from the moment i first saw them, but i never really felt like i could wear them, like there was something too complicated or alien about them for me. but this dress/top is just perfect, definitely putting it on my 'to kop' list.

Originally posted by Faust 328645
            http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• morsto
              • Nov 2008

While the silhouettes are very elegant, which I like, I find that this collection lacks, well, sex and aggressiveness of most previous collections, which is what I like about rick in general, so really this doesn't do it for me.
              I do not recognise the vessel,
              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

hmmmmm i kinda like this , nice and simple but not too plain . even like the rusty dark orangey color . i hate thinkin bout next spring tho cos it means havin to go thru winter , didnt even get much of a summer this yr went from cold spring to sweaty hot summer for 2 mos and bam its cold as hell here

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

Some great pieces that I feel will shine much brighter out of the context of this collection. Seen as a whole leaves me wanting more. Also, really don't like the black color blocking towards the end. I do like the rust orange, but you definitely need to style it correctly. Against white or with hints of super saturated colors (like the lips) to prevent it from being too drab (which could also be a look, but even harder to pull off). That said I like:

1) I can imagine this would look a bit drab standing still, but while moving it definitely has some motion in the skirt, which comes through beautifully in this pic

2) Dramatic and severe without looking like a star trek costume. Would like to see it with an even thinner skirt to further exaggerate the line, have it taper out then suddenly cut back horizontally, but I think the soft and flowy nature of that skirt still works to complement the more structured top.

Comment

• hurricane08
                    • Nov 2008

so , good girls will wear Rick Owens next summer

Comment

• Qwerty
                      • Oct 2011

This is one of the purest and most sublime collections I've seen from RO, he has distilled his technique into a stunning albeit minimalist silhouette, softly molding volume and curves in an old-school Balenciaga way. This to me is modern haute couture.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎