X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qwerty
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
    qwerty, how old are you? i don't see the 'fright' or the apparent lack of wearability whatsoever, so i'm curious. ...
    Too old to wear a white nursing bra under a pouffy tent of a diaphanous black blouson with epaulettes edged in heavy blue valance over long baggy turquoise bloomers, and carrying what resembles a green snakeskin watering can? See last outfit in #2.

Nevermind, I think I'd look a fright in these at any age! Yes, the antipathy is entirely subjective and personal - I'm alright with loud outfits, I wear really *busy* Balenciaga at times, but most of the clothes here do not have redeeming qualities other than achieving the feat of looking like the lower price point for Kenzo that is apparently the goal of the "suits" at LMVH...and more.

I always harbour doubts about certain much feted designers out there, eg. Giles, Christopher Kane, Alexander Wang, etc., and perhaps Opening Ceremony and their celebrity muses/society pals just rub me the wrong way.

The FW2008 is among my favourites of Marras, but his dreamy curtain collection is no less spectacular, quick recollect of FW2011 here:

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Qwerty View Post
      Too old to wear a white nursing bra under a pouffy tent of a diaphanous black blouson with epaulettes edged in heavy blue valance over long baggy turquoise bloomers, and carrying what resembles a green snakeskin watering can? See last outfit in #2.

Nevermind, I think I'd look a fright in these at any age! Yes, the antipathy is entirely subjective and personal - I'm alright with loud outfits, I wear really *busy* Balenciaga at times, but most of the clothes here do not have redeeming qualities other than achieving the feat of looking like the lower price point for Kenzo that is apparently the goal of the "suits" at LMVH...and more.

I always harbour doubts about certain much feted designers out there, eg. Giles, Christopher Kane, Alexander Wang, etc., and perhaps Opening Ceremony and their celebrity muses/society pals just rub me the wrong way.

The FW2008 is among my favourites of Marras, but his dreamy curtain collection is no less spectacular, quick recollect of FW2011 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyo--...feature=relmfu
      All this filth has got to go. One day.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Qwerty
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        All this filth has got to go. One day.
        I admire your optimism...but..., look at MJ!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Michael Jackson, he's dead.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• david s
            • Jul 2010

@Qwerty : yes I do have to agree looking through the collection again, that particular outfit is hideous, and my initial "this shit is da'bomb" has cooled somewhat. I would amend and say this shit is da'mediocre. I was expecting the worse, not a fan of OC anymore. I didn't realize that Marras was no longer part of the design process.. too bad.

I saw the current men's collection in the store in Paris, kind of boring & in Madrid they told me LVMH headquarters had asked them to pull all men's stock, interesting. Does anyone know what they plan to do with the men's line? I would say if it ends up looking like this, meh .

@ least the collection generated some interesting conversation
            It's absolutely Hedious!
            shy poser

Comment

• Nouveau Pauvre
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by andrew View Post
              I think its good fun. Nothing wrong with that.
              To each his own....but if you're going to buy runway fashion I think you should hold it to a higher standard.

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

i think they're talented, and their vision is crystal clear; this just solidifies it. just because its a bit of a departure from the collective preference on this forum doesn't make it FILTH. there might be another forum out there that chooses to adopt a fluorescent vbulletin theme, and also, to trash ann demeulemeester for making high end hobo garb.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                  • Sep 2009

that just totally blew my mind...thanks for sharing that
                  http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Qwerty
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                    that just totally blew my mind...thanks for sharing that
                    You're most welcomed!

I wonder what lies ahead for Marras? Hope he gets to work on a print-rich label like Cacharel, which is looking rather forlorn lately.

Comment

• droussin
                      • Oct 2011

Im sorry but when i looked at this collection i couldnt help but see multiple references to earlier balenciaga collections in very clear ways. the netting and the bird print especially, I enjoy some of the color choices but this seems to be taking kenzo in a starkly different direction than what the label is known for, and not in the best way. I just feel like OC isnt exactly capable of designing for a label, for retail they make work as as a trendy label but in terms of actual design for runway if this is the direction their going i dont seem too much hope.
                      what is black?
                      an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
                      -Martin Margiela

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎