Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

I'm not at home right now but apparently my Fever package was delivered to my landlord (he accepts packages for me when I'm not there) and he sure as shit didn't pay customs for me.

Comment

• tomatous
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      I'm not at home right now but apparently my Fever package was delivered to my landlord (he accepts packages for me when I'm not there) and he sure as shit didn't pay customs for me.
      This is great news.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Endersgame,

Thanks for digging that info up.
        I didn't want it to come across as being unhappy with Fever because I wasn't.
        I hope people receive their shipments with no mystery fees.
        All the money that UPS collects for this stuff probably goes into a giant fund for CEO bonuses anyway.
        I'm really suspicious of how these are levied and against whom, how much goes to the government and how much is pocketed as random and mysterious 'fees' that nobody can really explain.

For me, it wasn't a large amount but it's more the principle of the whole thing. If I have no idea what the random fee will be by the time I receive it, it'll definitely have me cutting back on more expensive overseas purchases except where the fees are paid (like LVR) and included in the (generally expensive) price.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• thingsyoulike
          • Dec 2009

Tax Free from Fever

Hi all, and thank you very much to those who purcased some Christmas gifts from Fever. I just thought I might try to clearify the Tax Issue. When Fever sells Tax Free to those living outside of the EU it means that the European tax has been deducted from the displayed price. For exampel: A pair of trousers cost 200 USD in Europe. The price for non EU residents will be (displayed) 160 USD. If you are charged with 25% tax the final price will be 200 USD. I believe that everybody has to pay tax somewhere and therefor tax will be added when the parcel arrives in US. The price is rather similar everywhere. For those of you who hasn´t been charged with Tax, you have been lucky. I apologize if this has not been clear before purcase.

Happy Holidays to you all

Best
          Henrik

Comment

• sinbad
            • Dec 2009

I think Pollyanna VAT expensive and I pay custom around 90-95 USD
            ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• Ivans On High
              Banned
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by thingsyoulike View Post
              Hi all, and thank you very much to those who purcased some Christmas gifts from Fever. I just thought I might try to clearify the Tax Issue. When Fever sells Tax Free to those living outside of the EU it means that the European tax has been deducted from the displayed price. For exampel: A pair of trousers cost 200 USD in Europe. The price for non EU residents will be (displayed) 160 USD. If you are charged with 25% tax the final price will be 200 USD. I believe that everybody has to pay tax somewhere and therefor tax will be added when the parcel arrives in US. The price is rather similar everywhere. For those of you who hasn´t been charged with Tax, you have been lucky. I apologize if this has not been clear before purcase.

Happy Holidays to you all

Best
              Henrik
              For my edification (as this has been discussed before), how is the tax deducted/omitted for purchases made by persons outside the EU? i.e. Does the store simply not pay it, and keep a record of the invoice (and delivery address)? Or is it payed by the store and refunded back after a pile of paper work has been filled and filed?

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                ahh i had this feeling once. thought i dodged the fee's. then i got a bill in the mail from ups about 6 weeks later. had a detailed description of the contents of the original pkg and everything. was an order from italy to usa though. good luck!
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• thingsyoulike
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                  For my edification (as this has been discussed before), how is the tax deducted/omitted for purchases made by persons outside the EU? i.e. Does the store simply not pay it, and keep a record of the invoice (and delivery address)? Or is it payed by the store and refunded back after a pile of paper work has been filled and filed?
                  I can only say what the Tax rules in Sweden say but i guess most European countries have similar rules. When I sell and ship to a person living outside the EU there is now Swedish tax applied to this order. It´s really very simple and all prices displayed to those living outside the EU are already taxfree. There are no special forms that needs to be filled in more than a copy of the Invoice attatched to the parcel. The parcel has to leave the EU though and I´m not allowed to sell Taxfree to a US sitizen living in Europe. Hope this makes it clear.

Happy new year

Comment

• loveless
                    • Feb 2007

antonioli

anybody order from antonioli? wondering what your experience was like.
                    wondering if they take off vat (like okini does). i am guessing no. I've emailed them like 5x and no response. i suspect they are having english translation issues, which is making me hesitant to order something from them.

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

Ended up getting billed $17 or something close to that by UPS for my Fever shipment. Maybe Fever could mark items as a gift for SZ members?

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by loveless View Post
                        anybody order from antonioli? wondering what your experience was like.
                        wondering if they take off vat (like okini does). i am guessing no. I've emailed them like 5x and no response. i suspect they are having english translation issues, which is making me hesitant to order something from them.
                        i love/hate antonioli , sometimes they have shit that i cant find elsewhere so i have to buy it from them. they do take vat off for US customers but holy muh fuh'n shit they jack the price up for us customers and that higher price doesnt include tax/duty fees like LVR has included in their us prices , least not from my past experiences with antonioli .

Comment

• loveless
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                          i love/hate antonioli , sometimes they have shit that i cant find elsewhere so i have to buy it from them. they do take vat off for US customers but holy muh fuh'n shit they jack the price up for us customers and that higher price doesnt include tax/duty fees like LVR has included in their us prices , least not from my past experiences with antonioli .
                          thanks for the input. how do they take vat off? is there a code? or do you have to call them up and order on the phone or something. i created an account, added some stuff to my shopping cart but still see a tax amount. tried adding "novat" to the code but that didn't take it off.

in my experience, if u sign up with a us account, vat will be taken off when u add it to a kart, or else u gotta call them.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

thanks for the input. how do they take vat off? is there a code? or do you have to call them up and order on the phone or something. i created an account, added some stuff to my shopping cart but still see a tax amount. tried adding "novat" to the code but that didn't take it off.

in my experience, if u sign up with a us account, vat will be taken off when u add it to a kart, or else u gotta call them.
                            hmmmmmm , i just did a test and added somethin to shoppin cart, next page it shows list of charges , says vat = $0 , tax =$45 so looks like the vat is alrdy excluded from the usd price but includes us taxes

Comment

• loveless
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                              hmmm i just tried a test on their site and added somethin to shoppin cart, tha next screen i see in the list of charges:
                              item total $496
                              vat $ 0
                              tax $ 49
                              delivry $ 54

im not sure wot that 49 buck tax is , maybe it IS the duty tax included , last time i bought from them i still got billed for some crap a few mos after it got delivered
                              yea, thats what i get. but i figured that both the vat and tax part should be taken off. i guess not.

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

yea, thats what i get. but i figured that both the vat and tax part should be taken off. i guess not.
                                idk wtf is up with their pricin , lvr has some of the same pieces and their prices include fees+shippin with the total price listed bein $50+ cheaper than antonioli w/shippin and "tax" not included .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎