Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

I´ve been very pleased with the correspondence I had with an employee of the Rick Owens online shop. Talulah helped me with my concerns (even when I was too dumb to use the tracking number) and was very friendly.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Tallulah and the team are very nice!

also had great experiences with The Archive, Hide-M, Ink, Patron of the New, and (for the most part) Ssense.

Comment

• en0rm
        • May 2010

Had a great experience at ENNU in Amsterdam and found my dream leatherjacket by coincidance for a great price...

Comment

• gregor
          • Oct 2014

i realize complaints of barney's are probably getting old, but i have had a horrible time dealing with them every time i've been to the seattle location

similarly, the guys at totokaelo were helpful as ever, as were those at jack straw, even though the latter was obviously not my style, as it was gift shopping

Comment

• hurricane08
            • Nov 2008

Great experience with luckyscent.com . Placed my order on 23/12 ,thought it would take over three weeks as stated on their website for international orders,but it was shipped same day and i received the package on 31/12 .Also,very helpful and kind assistance with immediate responses.

Comment

• Prototypes
              • Oct 2008

second the guys at totokaelo, really helpful team who were willing to gift wrap and even add a small card. it's the small thoughtful stuff that matters!

& LN-CC used to have amazing service, is the same team still running the customer service side since they were bought over last year?

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Prototypes View Post
                LN-CC used to have amazing service, is the same team still running the customer service side since they were bought over last year?
                their warehouse has relocated to Italy (originally in the UK), so there is a lack of communication between the company and the warehouse
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Prototypes
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  their warehouse has relocated to Italy (originally in the UK), so there is a lack of communication between the company and the warehouse
                  Thanks ian, i see. That probably explains it, contacted them about some hat sizing and haven't heard back from them since...

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Prototypes View Post
                    Thanks ian, i see. That probably explains it, contacted them about some hat sizing and haven't heard back from them since...
                    If you search this thread you 'll find similar complains regarding sizing inquiries. You 'll get a reply at some point but don't be surprised if it contains zero info about the size.
                    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Scander
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                      If you search this thread you 'll find similar complains regarding sizing inquiries. You 'll get a reply at some point but don't be surprised if it contains zero info about the size.
                      Yeah same problem here. There is a sweater with the measurement for the size 44, 46, 50, 52. Is missing the 48 and they can't say me anything about it. ahah

Comment

• qcqc
                        • Oct 2012

had a great experience with The Library, Archive-SF and Hide-M.

Bought something from Mr. Porter and the shipping was delayed by one week. They were continuously apologizing by e-mails and even gave me a $25 store credit for 'the trouble' (I didn't even bother to answer one e-mail). Nothing sort of stellar costumer experience

Comment

• sebastian
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          does anyone know if KH in Koln still exists? I haven't heard anything about it in a long long time. They used to carry some serious Carpe/continues/CCP... Just thinking about the off-the-grid stores that aren't talked about much on here.
                          Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I imagine Kurt sprawled over the stuff like a dragon over his treasure in the hobbit. He was in Paris last season.
                          Yes, KH still exists. Actually there is also an installation where new stuff is shown. There is even a room you can call "room for headaches". It could be entered by those with decision difficulties (for instance). Kurt does not behave like a dragon. He shares his treasure with anyone who cares.
                          Last edited by sebastian; 01-13-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• delicious_not
                            • Dec 2012

very disappointed by Rail (railso.com)

been eyeing a product for more than three weeks, the system claimed they had 2 in stock. i checked regularly all that time. about a week ago the quantity reduced to 1. another week later i finally decided to place my order and everything went fine, order placed and paid. but the next day i received a message that the item is actually not available.

now i have to wait for a refund, I FUCKING HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS, being blocked from using your own money and it might take a whole month for a bank to cancel the transaction.

is it really that hard for a store (a luxury boutique, by the way) to manage their shit in time? why the fuck it should be me to update them about their stock? more than a week is not enough to re-check the availability and remove the stuff from the site? i wonder if they actually had 2 in stock at all or it was sold out during the season and no one cared to update the site.

Comment

• applecrisp
                              • Jun 2013

Just had a very pleasant experience with Serie Noire. They answered all my questions quickly and honestly before I decided to buy and shipped the item very quickly after my purchase.

I would also like to echo the good words for Graham of re.porter who answered a ton of questions for me about an item (so many questions, in fact, that the item sold in the meantime, oops). So, although I didn't end up buying from him this time, I will not hesitate to do so in the future.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post

I would also like to echo the good words for Graham of re.porter.
                                As would I. Just bought an InAisce blazer from him, which is now my fourth time purchasing something from him and he's one of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. Very cordial and a great communicater when problems arise.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎