Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickandjulius
    • Feb 2014

I guess I'll give a shout out to H. Lorenzo as well. Ordered an Ann D necklace for my girlfriend. Shipping was surprisingly fast as it was UPS ground and came from LA. Overall great experience with them.

Comment

• slerpen
      • Jul 2014

I always have good experiences with Hotoveli and Idol. Friendly staff, and never feel pressured to buy when I stop in.

As far as online, PNP always offers great service, is very helpful, and accurate with measurements, and ships quickly.

Comment

• minhcu2805
        • Mar 2013

ordered from selfridges 2 weeks ago and they still not shipping it out, been shooting them emails but they didnt even bother to reply, anyone here ordered from them recently and have the same exprerience? whats the deal with that?

Comment

• neostrifeX
          • Jun 2013

Want to give a shout out the The Archive SF; ordered an item a week ago, shipping was so damn fast. Just placed another order, pretty much expect the same. Customer service is top notch also and I really appreciated how Jon accommodated me.

Also re. porter, superb customer service from Graham, quick shipping, blah blah. Great experience with ordering from the shop.

Lastly for Darklands Berlin I surprisingly had a good experience with Campbell; he answered all my questions, provided photos I requested, but not measurements... however the item I ordered fit perfectly, so no qualms there. Took almost a month to ship from Germany to the US though, won't ever be using the free shipping option again.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ "Surprisingly good" I assume relatively speaking? Cause no measurements and a month to ship, is that good?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neostrifeX
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              /\ "Surprisingly good" I assume relatively speaking? Cause no measurements and a month to ship, is that good?
              Well it's 90% horror stories here on SZ, so I was surprised. I expected an unpleasant experience the whole way through. In regards to no measurements I did expect not to receive any but thought it didn't hurt to ask seeing how a few members here apparently received them. As for the item was shipped right away. The delivery time was more so Deustche Post's fault if anything.

Comment

• SpaceCowboy
                • Feb 2014

Recently visited the Rick Owens Store in London after being away for quite a while. Brilliant service as usual, had a great chat with one of the New York store assistants who was there visiting. Just generally a really nice store and experience overall.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Not to defend Darklands, but the month-long shipping is generally out of a retailer's control, isn't it? That is, of course, unless they took a week or two to ship it out, but customs is generally finicky.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    Not to defend Darklands, but the month-long shipping is generally out of a retailer's control, isn't it? That is, of course, unless they took a week or two to ship it out, but customs is generally finicky.
                    It's not if a retailer chooses a fast and a reliable method instead of cutting corners. I just read an article about Matches trying to get shipping down to 24 hours from London to the West coat of the US.

I imagine at SZ level we are all pretty excited about our new purchases. And then to wait a month to get it? No, thanks.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2013

Just bought something from the SSense sale, got the email with tracking info less than an hour after I clicked purchase.

Comment

• slerpen
                        • Jul 2014

Had a great transaction with Zam/Z-Factorie today. Bought some pants through the site and emailed to see if I could pick them up since I live in Brooklyn. They were very accommodating in arranging it. Turns out his studio is literally across the courtyard from my office, as in I can look out our one window into his space. Go figure....

Zam took a minute to chat. Cool guy, and everyone there was smiling and friendly. Great crew. Oh, and the pants are amazing too! I'll be back when I have more time to check out some other pieces.

Comment

• minhcu2805
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
                          ordered from selfridges 2 weeks ago and they still not shipping it out, been shooting them emails but they didnt even bother to reply, anyone here ordered from them recently and have the same exprerience? whats the deal with that?
                          received an email from their customer service today that said my order was out of stock and I've made this order 3 weeks ago (wtf?) (without any communication from them and it was available full size).

will not make this same mistake ever again.

Comment

• josecc
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
                            received an email from their customer service today that said my order was out of stock and I've made this order 3 weeks ago (wtf?) (without any communication from them and it was available full size).

will not make this same mistake ever again.
                            They always do this, do not trust them, I have had the same experience two times, 1 two years ago and 1 one month ago.

Comment

• tong1801
                              • Oct 2012

Gotta give a shout out to Holger from Hide-M. Friendly, reasonable pricing and answers to all my questions that I asked. Even provided me with fit pics of the particular item that I'm interested in even though I didn't ask for it. One of my favorite shops to deal with

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by tong1801 View Post
                                Gotta give a shout out to Holger from Hide-M. Friendly, reasonable pricing and answers to all my questions that I asked. Even provided me with fit pics of the particular item that I'm interested in even though I didn't ask for it. One of my favorite shops to deal with
                                Indeed, Hide-M is a great store both in terms of pricing and customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎