X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07 SALES

Eluxury.com has started thier sale at 40% off.

Some Dior Homme items in the sale.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• jj.still
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="first.last.always."]

For those of us enjoying cold, dark Moscow right now, I just came back from James and they have been having 20% off and starting today it's now bumped to 30% off if you buy 3 or more (which of course got me, damn). There is a respectable selection of Attachment and The Viridi-Anne for size 3s and 4s.

[/quote]

Hi.

Do they ask for invitation card like they did this summer before usual public sale started?

Comment

• justine
        • Jan 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

I think the difference in philosophy stands - calves are still killed for their meat, even if their leather is equally or even higher weighed in terms of bringing a farmer a profit. There is no reason to kill foxes besides their fur. It's wanton in essence, because there is no necessity in killing them, as opposed to killing calves (food). Ok, I now feel weird pointing out the subtlties of killing.

[/quote]

Well, it's not like we have to eat meat to survive. So it could be said that killing for meat or for fur isn't necessary. I'm not passing judgments of course, I personally eat meat and wear leather, and even sometimes do both things at the same time!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="justine"][quote user="Faust"]

I think the difference in philosophy stands - calves are still killed for their meat, even if their leather is equally or even higher weighed in terms of bringing a farmer a profit. There is no reason to kill foxes besides their fur. It's wanton in essence, because there is no necessity in killing them, as opposed to killing calves (food). Ok, I now feel weird pointing out the subtlties of killing.

[/quote]

Well, it's not like we have to eat meat to survive. So it could be said that killing for meat or for fur isn't necessary. I'm not passing judgments of course, I personally eat meat and wear leather, and even sometimes do both things at the same time!

[/quote]

I do! :-) Meat is an essential part of our omnivore diet.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• first.last.always.
            • Oct 2007

[quote user="jj.still"][quote user="first.last.always."]

For those of us enjoying cold, dark Moscow right now, I just came back from James and they have been having 20% off and starting today it's now bumped to 30% off if you buy 3 or more (which of course got me, damn). There is a respectable selection of Attachment and The Viridi-Anne for size 3s and 4s.

[/quote]

Hi.

Do they ask for invitation card like they did this summer before usual public sale started?

[/quote]

Privyet JJ.

They didn't ask me for anything.My friend was justspoke to theSA while I was trying things on and 2 minutes later he was telling me that the sale had gone into effect today. All I gave them was my credit card to buy 3 things and I got 30% off the listed price at the register. I wasn't even on the James mailing list when I made the purchase so you should be fine. Feel free to met me know if you run into any issues with the sale though.

Comment

• jj.still
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I do! :-) Meat is an essential part of our omnivore diet.

[/quote]

[75]

Comment

• katie
                • Nov 2007

Thanks, Faust, you're a really nice guy! And I won't mind them - you should hear some of my family.

"And don't mind these jokers - they are nice and fluffy in real life."

What an opening! I deserve a delicious Godiva chocolate (that I'm now munching) for passing that one up...so are you guys all friends in "real" life or something?

I just checked my Yoox dreambox and some of the stuff in there had gone on sale since last time, so I think they're in the process of expanding their first-cut sale.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

some of us know each other, yes - but it's hard to know everyone - we have people from Tokyo to Toronto.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• boxma
                    • Feb 2007

i guess most Toronto members know the news already, Holt Renfrew designer sales started yesterday, Lanvin, Rick Owens. Raf Simons.... all 50% off. Other shops like TNT, Noir have also started their sale.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="boxma"]i guess most Toronto members know the news already, Holt Renfrew designer sales started yesterday, Lanvin, Rick Owens. Raf Simons.... all 50% off. Other shops like TNT, Noir have also started their sale.[/quote]

All Raf 50% off? Anything good left in 48? Might have to look into phone orders / pickups but after shipping / customs / poor dollar it'll probably end up equivalent to just picking something up at Barneys at 40% which is what it starts at if I remember correctly.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• bokbok
                        • Jan 2007

[quote user="boxma"]i guess most Toronto members know the news already, Holt Renfrew designer sales started yesterday, Lanvin, Rick Owens. Raf Simons.... all 50% off. Other shops like TNT, Noir have also started their sale.[/quote]

thanks for the tip, i'll definitely check out some of the stores this weekend!!

Comment

• sbw4224
                          • Sep 2006

Does anyone know when the NYC CDG or Yohji boutique start their sale?

Comment

• May 2007

[quote user="sbw4224"]Does anyone know when the NYC CDG or Yohji boutique start their sale?
                            [/quote]

I was told January 5 for Yohji

If is starting December 5 private sale

Comment

• mindrice
                              • Jun 2007

I don't know how much longer I can hold out for. The A sale needs to start now!

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Last season I seem to remember A started thier sale almost the same day Barneys did...so maybe next week?
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎