Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfMonnitoff
    • Jan 2007

It doesn't have a shoulder strap but you can wear the arm strap over your shoulder. There are two different versions of this bag. One is really a weekend bag (the one I have), the other looks the same, just shrunk to typical women's bag size.

One thing worth noting is that the construction on the handles is questionable. Basically the effect is achieved by spiraling a long piece of leather around, but this spiral is only seamed at the beginning and end, so the spiral begins to come undone (no worries though, there are four more layers of leather under the spiral). I went to a leather tailor and just had him sew (by hand, I presume - I doubt any machines could do six layers of this leather) the spirals at every loop, at the part that you can't see because the next loop covers it.

Also I'm about 6' and when I carry it by the handles it hangs maybe 2" above the ground, so keep that in mind if you're shorter than me.

The greatest thing about the Ann bag is that while being pretty big, it just barely fits the carry-on restrictions for the airlines I typically fly with (Lufthansa, Austrian RIP, British). Together with a laptop bag, I often don't need to check anything in.

I paid 700 Euros for it, which was half of retail. It's not worth more than that IMO.
    Originally posted by jogu
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• krisflow
      • Oct 2009

Julius Shoulder bag: Cloud

Hello,

Can anyone please post any pictures they have of the Julius shoulder bag (cloud colour, in small). I want to see some unedited photos of the bag. I'm viewing it right now on the blackbird online store and can't seem to visualize how it would really look. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

what do you mean by unedited photos? i dont see bb did any special editing
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

^i think he means a home taken photo of a well seasoned bag, not one under special lighting and professional photographed.
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• krisflow
            • Oct 2009

Mononon,

Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

^ i can't tell if you are serious or sarcastic? either way no problem!
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• krisflow
                • Oct 2009

I was serious.

Comment

• outline
                  • Jan 2008

picture up there with that bag is unispired piece of shit.

now this is a fcukin bag

this brato bag is a quality equipment every day or not so every day travel

good bag selection @ antonioli
                  Last edited by outline; 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

maybe not really "sz-esque" but i like it alot.

Comment

• mw000
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      I like it, its about the same size as my "polis" bag, which most people thing is too big, but i love. does it have a shoulder strap?
                      I cannot carry bags wothout shoulder straps...........just dont like holding them in my hand.

So many nice bags in here. I quite like the MA and JASMB ones.

I'm not a big fan of large, short strapped bags. They feel very awkward to carry for lengthy outings. They also remind me of bowling bags / purses!

Briefcase / Doctor's bag size I think is the max size I would go for short strap

Anything bigger I would opt for a shoulder strap

Comment

• mononon
                        • Sep 2009

i need some advice here,

my lambskin messenger bag is starting to tear where the strap connects to the bag (since i carry heavy stuff). if its just really starting to happen, should i repair it now, or should i wait. so what i'm asking is, if i let the problem get worse, will it become even more difficult to repair, or does it not matter if i repair it now or later. i just am too busy (lazy) to take it somewhere at this point.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2008

What do you guys think of these BBS bags?

http://www.daad-dantone.com/detail.php?id=435

and the two at the end here:
                          http://www.pnp-firenze.com/

Comment

• comedyzen
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                            What do you guys think of these BBS bags?

http://www.daad-dantone.com/detail.php?id=435

and the two at the end here:
                            http://www.pnp-firenze.com/
                            I dig the BBS bag...but I like the Dantone 24H website even more. Thanks for the link. I liked the bio-blurbs for the designers.

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

both are nice, depends on the size you need i would say. the one at pnp were smaller.
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

• sshum88
                                • Dec 2007

Personally I would get it fixed now before the strap suddenly tears away from the body of the bag especially if you are carrying heavy items all the time. You'll never know when and where it's going to detach itself and in the process damage some of the items in your bag.

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                                i need some advice here,

my lambskin messenger bag is starting to tear where the strap connects to the bag (since i carry heavy stuff). if its just really starting to happen, should i repair it now, or should i wait. so what i'm asking is, if i let the problem get worse, will it become even more difficult to repair, or does it not matter if i repair it now or later. i just am too busy (lazy) to take it somewhere at this point.
                                Originally posted by eat me
                                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎