Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • other_animals
    • Mar 2012

trixer, I feel like you may have just answered your own question.

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

any ideas for a laptop bag that looks reasonably professional? I have some nice Julius bags but none of them would work properly in an office environment.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

How about Isaac Reina? Pretty classic shapes and materials and excellent craftsmanship. He's really one of "us" at heart, just different aesthetic.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

thanks E, nice to see some options other than the usual suspects. something like this would fit the bill, I'll check out the label next time I'm in NYC.

was considering the Guidi M10 but Guidi anything bleeds like crazy. m.a+ large envelope bag also a possibility..

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

I second Reina, owned a few bits between the gf and I and i really love his stuff.

Otherwise I'm becoming a fan of Loewe especially since J.W has become creative director, Lanvin did a stunning briefcase i think two seasons ago. But m.a+ certainly gets approval all round from anyone & everyone; no matter if they have a clue about fashion/clothing, who has seen any of my pieces.

Comment

• Ulf
              • Apr 2014

I love Herm̬s for their incredible quality and understated designs, but they aren't exactly budget-friendly. I have two Steve messengers; 28 cm which is perfect when you just need a small bag for wallet, glasses and other small basics, and 38 cm which fits a 15-inch MacBook Pro and various odds and ends. I also have a 35 cm Steve Meeting which is a great casual briefcase that works in any situation and fits a 13-inch MacBook Pro. My Sac a Depeche briefcase mostly lies in its dustbag Рit's beautiful, but feels a bit too formal most of the time.

Comment

• alphax010
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Resge View Post
                Does anyone have experience with Cote Et Ciel backpacks? I really like both black Isar and obsidian Nile, so any opinion is appreciated.
                I purchased a black one about a year ago. They're very solid and comfy but somehow I still find it very 'bulky' and I already have the medium.

Comment

• YTheLastMan
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Resge View Post
                  Does anyone have experience with Cote Et Ciel backpacks? I really like both black Isar and obsidian Nile, so any opinion is appreciated.
                  I'm picking up a Nile tomorrow, I'll hit you with my feedback! First bag with 'backpack' type functionality I'll have owned. Damir Doma involvement is a nice + (well, kind of... )

Comment

• hausofblaq
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
                    any ideas for a laptop bag that looks reasonably professional? I have some nice Julius bags but none of them would work properly in an office environment.
                    Just recently saw this MA+ bag being sold on SuFu, might fit your bill.
                    A tad bit small, can probably only fit up to a 15" laptop.

http://www.e-g.co/product/m-a-medium-accordian-bag

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by YTheLastMan View Post
                      I'm picking up a Nile tomorrow, I'll hit you with my feedback! First bag with 'backpack' type functionality I'll have owned. Damir Doma involvement is a nice + (well, kind of... )
                      There were some things about that backpack I wasn't really crazy about. I didn't care for the design/material of the part that lays on your back and the straps. And an easy access pocket or pouch would have been nice, I thought it was a hassle to get anything out of the bag because of the buckle design. I don't really like plastic zipper teeth or plastic buckles, even though they were wrapped in leather, and the interior felt 'OK.' But it looked like a baby alien on your back eating your head, so that was cool.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                        Just recently saw this MA+ bag being sold on SuFu, might fit your bill.
                        A tad bit small, can probably only fit up to a 15" laptop.

http://www.e-g.co/product/m-a-medium-accordian-bag
                        thanks! decided to give a ma+ medium envelope bag a go, should be large enough for my work laptop (14" ultrabook) with accessories and a notebook or two.

Comment

• YTheLastMan
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                          There were some things about that backpack I wasn't really crazy about. I didn't care for the design/material of the part that lays on your back and the straps. And an easy access pocket or pouch would have been nice, I thought it was a hassle to get anything out of the bag because of the buckle design. I don't really like plastic zipper teeth or plastic buckles, even though they were wrapped in leather, and the interior felt 'OK.' But it looked like a baby alien on your back eating your head, so that was cool.
                          I totally get everything that you're saying. Having to open the bag with the buckles EVERY time isn't ideal. That said, you hit the nail on the head with the 'alien on your back eating your head'. I definitely paid for the aesthetics :)

Comment

• 8bpc
                            • May 2010

Looking for reasonably professional tote suggestions - large enough for a max load consisting of a 13" notebook computer, dSLR, book and other small items. Would prefer at least one pouch pocket on the outside for quick access that is deep enough to securely hold a cell phone and travel documents.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
                              Looking for reasonably professional tote suggestions - large enough for a max load consisting of a 13" notebook computer, dSLR, book and other small items. Would prefer at least one pouch pocket on the outside for quick access that is deep enough to securely hold a cell phone and travel documents.
                              No pouch on the outside but the Arc'teryx Veilance Seque tote might be the size you're looking for. Mine fits basically everything you described with a bit of room to spare. It does have an inside pouch.

Comment

• 8bpc
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                                No pouch on the outside but the Arc'teryx Veilance Seque tote might be the size you're looking for. Mine fits basically everything you described with a bit of room to spare. It does have an inside pouch.
                                How well has the nylon on your Arc'teryx Veilance Seque tote held up? I appreciate the suggestion, but I want an outside pocket. I find an outside pocket for quick access helpful when off in a mad dash traveling so I don't have to dig around inside the bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎